• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who got muzzleloading or reenacting stuff for Christmas?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a Kodak EasyShare Z700 4 mega pixal camera and a Ted Cash Polished Brass Rifle Capper.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Robert

NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Well, at least Santa gave the family matching gifts. My youngest got a wee touch of Montezuma's Revenge. Thankfully it only lasted one day...

The day after christmas I traded a couple of cartridge guns and got a Trapper flintlock pistol and an 1858 New Army Target in stainless. Gonna miss my old rifles until I get to the range with my new guns!

I got a copy of Recreating the American Longrifle by Buchele and Shumway and a family heirloom in the form of an original percussion rifle from my step-mother. I believe the rifle was made in the 1850's and it belonged to my step-mother's g-g-great grandfather who was a surgeon the the Confederate Army. It is about .32 cal with double set triggers. It will stay in the family.

HistoryBuff

I got an 1858 New Model POLICE in .36cal and a ball mold to go with it. :) Now have to do some casting. It is a mate to the New Army .44cal I got two years ago and have yet to fire. :redface: I must get out to the boonies!

Yep, got my wife a very very old set of colored glass trade beads (the real thing over 150 beads) that has been setting in an antique shop for about 10 years. They had a $75 tag on them. They never sold them and they were setting in this display glass case and I had my eye on them all this time. Well I told them that I would give them $20. They took it and I was happy and they were happy and most of all the wife was happy.
Wife made me a new pioneer shirt.

I'm still about 4 days away from picking up a used Pedersoli Brown Bess. Then I'll be loaded with questions on feeding her and dressing her just right. I'm starting to get kinda fidgitty waiting like this.

No one else in my family is into muzzleloading, and not many of my close relatives are even into any other firearms, so even if they wanted to get me muzzleloading stuff for christmas, they wouldn't really know where to begin anyway.

Well, I did ask my dad for a set of small hobby files for when I make my own horns (powder and calling).

And also, I got a dog.

Well, My wife and folks chipped in and got me a gift card for Gander Mountain so I could get some Muzzle loader stuff :rotf: But it worked out good. baught another bow and put a 1858 navy on lay away.

A leather canteen from longhunter[url] leather.com[/url] Real nice too. Funny, I don't remember being good this past year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got myself a double 12ga from Cabela's, but BofA tells me Cabela's charged me twice, so I'm about to get on the phone.

Santa gave me a 350 page book of small game and gamebird recipes! :D

I got a new knife.

scott003.jpg
scott001.jpg

I got a set of Grace gunsmith screwdrivers, a copy of "Notes from an Iowa Rifle Shop", several inletting tools, some taps for nipple and drum, and most devoutly wished for---time to put in on the pistol under construction. Actually got the lockplate inletted at last.

Big disappointment: TOTW is out of the drum drilling fixture AGAIN (!!!). Said to reorder in February.

Hey TOTW, can I reserve on now?

Happy and Healthful New Year to all.

v/r, Bluejacket

I got four pounds of Goex from Back Creek Gun Shop in VA. Real nice folks. Can't wait to see how my 75 and golf ball mortar likes it. GC

I got two pocket watches, one is a modern repro and the other is a silver, key wind antique. My wife also picked me up a reprint of a brewing manual from 1768.

Back