• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who is going to the Alafia?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holley

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Ok....now who is going to the Alafia Rend. in Fla.?

I will be there for early setup till the end. I also understand that they are sticking with the new dates....Third to Fourth weedend of Jan. If you are having trouble with the "New", which are actually the originial dates until someone changed them a while back, you need to email them with your concerns. Otherwise...email for the next years dates to see if they have changed them again....or plan your camping around them.

I will be there in a wall tent with colorfull side curtains....on the right hand side, tward the back and down a few aisles. If I can find a spot that has not been saved weeks in advance by the membership.

See ya there! Can't hardly wait. I'll be camped down near the archery camp with some friends who are from the area.
wil

Tipis,

I am a brand new member of the Florida Frontiersmen having moved here from Florida in July. My camp is at the end of vendor's row near the center of camp. I'll be in camp from 20-28 January serving as a dog soldier and working the ranges. Please feel free to stop by my camp, and the invitation goes out to all Muzzleloading Forum members, to have a cup of coffee or an adult period correct beverage. My personna name is Brian McKeeth. Looking forward to seeing you at the Alafia Rendezvous.

Best Regards,

Brian Keeth :thumbsup:

I will be up there Wed.

Can't stay very long.

The rut is just getting started in

Alabama.

Last deer hunt of the year

A real woods walk.

Leo

Just got back from the Alafia Rend. It was its usuall fun with many new people and camps (1300+). Weather was also the usual with lots of sun, rain, cold and WIND. But one big and a the biggest I have ever seen at an event. The Bushway let people come in on Saturday afternoon, 4:00 to 6:30 or so to take down because of some rain coming that night. Could not believe it when I saw ALL those campers, cars, trucks and motor homes come rolling in durring the diner hours to take down. This was the first time in all the disputted years of this event for it to happen. Someone said there was sever weather coming in, that was not so or even given by any weather station. It did rain that night and the next morning...but that is a rendezvous. Oh! the sun did come up too around 9:00 am. Unfortunately this may become a future standard because the "Leader" let this happen or gave into pressure because a those who did not want to take down wet the next day.

Those who did leave "early" heard many people get uspset at their leaving and to jears of CHICKEN :shocked2: So were the staff assaulted trying to find out what was going on.

Except for confirmed extreme weather...is should never have happend and I do not think can be defended by the Bushway. But then again...you have to see some of the extreme? outfits they let be worn as Indian, Colonial and Buckskinner. What a joke...but that is the Alafia and always will be until they clean up their act.

But again, it is great camping with a good time.

It was my first visit to the Alafia and I thought it was very nice.I have been to eight Easterns and probably about twentyfive major rendezvous altogether and it is great to come to a warm place when it is freezing back home. I give the Booshway credit for bending the rules.I left Wednesday before the rain to pack dry canvas.If you live nearby it is not a problem but if you are traveling 1100 miles back to Ohio there is a good chance you canvas is going to mildew if packed wet. Then there is the problem of drying it in a snow storm. Sometime it is not a bad idea to consider what another camper might be up against. All in all I met a lot of nice people and the number of traders was excellent with a lot of interesting things to look at and purchase.

So, you are saying that it is Ok to break the rules, which are clearly stated, to take down the morning of Fri/Sat just for a bit of rain because you have a long trip ahead of you? And MANY of those who took down only lived a few hours form the Alafia and not 1100 miles. I have been going to Rendezvous since the 1977. In some of the worst weather of the "MudWesterns" and few Southeastern like last years dissaster with forcast of extreme storms and wind. Still have never seen anything like this for just some showers. You may give credit to the Bushway, but much of his staff and the camp do not. I plan my trips very carefully and try to abide by the rules even for weather. Try going from Fla. to the Wyoming or Montana Westerns and want to pull out for a "bit" of enclemant weather because you have over 2000+ miles to go. :bull: And I have survived two tornadoes taking down my camp, flooded camps and a drought when no water came to the camp for a week. Didn't see people get an exception to pull out from the Bushway. :shocked2: Many would liked to have gone...but abided with the rules. That is part of going to a Rendezvous.

Back