• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who sells a .590 round ball mold?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaeger

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone know who sells a mold for making .590 round balls? I looked at the Lee site online and it looks like they don't offer that size.

Does anyone know who sells a mold for making .590 round balls? I looked at the Lee site online and it looks like they don't offer that size.
Try Tanner Ball Moulds in the UK. Make sure you tell them the exact diameter you want and the alloy (pure lead I assume) you'll be using. They're very reasonable, relatively fast, and of high quality.

I bought two Tanner molds, one .526 for a tight bore rifle and a .700 for my fowler, very well-made molds, no sprue cutter but that is no big deal. I coned the tight bore gun and sold the .526. The price shown on the invoice is from about a year ago.

tanner.JPG

This picture shows the screw spacing for any handles you might have; I use Lee handles.

tanner hole spacing.JPG

Latest posts

Back