• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who uses short starters?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allways have, saves wear on the thumb especially given I use .495 balls and .015 patches. Tried the ball end type and it was more of a pain to get the 1st "pop" of the ball-patch combination in so I switched to a "T" handle type (Uncle Mikes IIRC)and its a piece of cake now. I also swab after each shot (spit patch) so things tend to be "smoother" that if I didnt...

Keep yer powder dry,

D.

Have many types of rifles and would be lost without a short starter, especially since I like a tight fitting patch and ball.

How 'bout it? How many of you guys and gals regularly use that short starter? Or does it end up just wallowing around in the bottom of the bag most of the time? If you use one, what style do you like (T-handle or ball-handle or something else)?

Always use one for a tight patch & ball combination.
Here are my .62 & .50 short starters that I use with my ball blocks:
Hunting%20Pouches%20004.jpg

Latest posts

Back