• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who's braving the cold tomorrow for ohios muzzeloading opener?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill be out there maybe the wind won't blow and we will have a facsimile of warmth lol

Good luck to all who give it a go.

We're going to be on a warm up here after nearly 20 below tomorrow morning (air temp) so maybe we can send some southeast! I think the weather guy on TV said tonight that we've had below zero during some portion of each day for the last 8 or 9 days, or some such thing. Might break the freezing mark next week. WooHoo!

Its been below freezing here for at least 2 weeks now and its saying -2 in the morning here with a high of 14 so you better believe im going to be looking at brush sunny hillsides tomorrow I went rabbit and coyote hunting a few times last week and it really wasn't that bad the way I was dressed as long as I didn't stay still to long... Good luck guys

Stay outta the wind and keep yer powder dry

00small66405902.JPG

It was 10 below when I got out here its 0 right now.... Too cold to sit and the snow is to crunchy to walk... So while I have seen at least 10 deer I haven't got in range yet....

I'm trying to work up the gumption to going out this afternoon, suppose to hit a high of 15 today, 33 tomorrow. I just filled the bird feeders and my hands half froze with the leather work gloves I had on, was out there for all of 10 minutes. Hard to get enthused when it is this cold.

Oh ill be out tomorrow too id be back out already but my wife thinks we have more important things to do like grocery shopping and getting dog tags.... I mean c'mon what's that about... :idunno:

Very jealous, freezing cold or not. It's miserable cold here with the wind, but I'd love to have not only a January season,but, the option to hunt on Sunday would be great even the rest of deer season.

I can handle single digit temps if I don't sit too long, if it's not real windy, but the winds here yesterday and today are unbearable.

Single digits aren't to bad but it was 10 below this morning and my tea was freezing to the side of the cup with every drink I took lol tomorrow is supposed to be decent at least

You're in them southern Ohio hills. Might as well be in Georgia with that weather. :haha:

Lol im right on the edge of where it flattens out a lot also so I get a lot more wind than 10 miles south .... Its actually been colder here than in Alaska the last couple weeks.... I looked earlier and I think the low in a alaska was 16 above zero tonight kind of surprised me when my wife told me that

What im looking at is saying 10 degrees at 10 am so its gonna be another cold morning.... 25 by noon though and 30 is the low for tomorrow night unfortunately I work 8-4:30 so I probably won't get to be warm and hunt at the same time.... It was colder than heck last year for primitive weapon season too

Back