• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who's Going to the Gunmaker's Fair?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, who's going to the Kempton Gunmaker's Fair, formerly at Dixon's? I'm up in the air about it at the moment but can heartily recommend it to anyone interested.

I didn’t go last year and I was sorry I didn’t. I plan on going sometime on the weekend, but my wife is having knee surgery on Friday. I usually like to go on Friday or the Saturday but if I go, it looks like it’s gonna be Sunday.

trucks pack ready to go Thursday setup, Friday opener :thumb: come on by
DSC03738.JPG

Never been before, but I'm wrapping up vacation with the family Friday morning, planned ahead and I'll be going Friday while the rest of the fam is driving back to Pittsburgh. I'm excited to go.

:doh: watch out for detour on 143 into kempton either take 737 or go past detour and kempton turn to the little bridge on the right to the fair grounds. the detour does work but adds time but takes you to Dixons muzzleloader shop:thumb:

Spent a little over 4 hrs. at the show , had a good time. Lotsa fun and a good time. Bought some gun parts , rough horns , shooting accoutrements , a book or so , and catalogs. Headed home at about 3:45 PM with a stop at the Chinese Buffet Rest across from Cabelas. Oh , all was good , w/ good times , good food , and a safe trip home.......oldwood

Had a great time on Friday, got there at 9, just in time to catch the first round of lectures. Got a stock blank, picked up some odds and ends hardware, gadgets and widgets, met a ton of friendly people, saw a horn that I couldn't resist, so I bought that too. It was really nice to meet Mr. Person and Mr. Chambers and everyone else along the way. I finished the afternoon talking to the living history folks, I really enjoyed talking to the woodworkers and to the fellow from the PA 1st rifles. I left about 5:30 and and drove back to Pittsburgh last night.
I was so glad I made it, wish I could have stayed all weekend for the rest of the lectures.

Was there for about 6 hours today. Wife got 10 horns for scrimshaw(still have several hundred from last year, she needed particular ones). Grabbed some cleaning patches, holster for my pistol, and a few other things. Hit Dixons on the way out for some patches and balls

Back