• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who's Going to the Gunmaker's Fair?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, who's going to the Kempton Gunmaker's Fair, formerly at Dixon's? I'm up in the air about it at the moment but can heartily recommend it to anyone interested.
I got there for two of the three days I planned. I had a accident and burned both of my lower legs first and second degrees Wednesday. Saturday I presented my seminar on the sliding wood patch box, and had to head home early due to swelling of my legs. I enjoyed talking with lots of people, hopefully I passed on a few bits of knowledge. It’s allways a family reunion at the show. BJH

DSC03224.JPG
WOW this year 50s at night 80s day(last yr 100 on friday we fried, next 2 95) great time Knapped all three days then woke up and broke some rock⚒️
thanks to all had a great time hope you did too

Last edited:
Spent a little over 4 hrs. at the show , had a good time. Lotsa fun and a good time. Bought some gun parts , rough horns , shooting accoutrements , a book or so , and catalogs. Headed home at about 3:45 PM with a stop at the Chinese Buffet Rest across from Cabelas. Oh , all was good , w/ good times , good food , and a safe trip home.......oldwood
I couldn't get up there! How is that major construction on Rt. 22 coming along? It's a pretty hairy highway, last time I was up there.

Had a great time on Friday, got there at 9, just in time to catch the first round of lectures. Got a stock blank, picked up some odds and ends hardware, gadgets and widgets, met a ton of friendly people, saw a horn that I couldn't resist, so I bought that too. It was really nice to meet Mr. Person and Mr. Chambers and everyone else along the way. I finished the afternoon talking to the living history folks, I really enjoyed talking to the woodworkers and to the fellow from the PA 1st rifles. I left about 5:30 and and drove back to Pittsburgh last night.
I was so glad I made it, wish I could have stayed all weekend for the rest of the lectures.
You deserve a gold star for driving that distance! You're a real muzzle-loader! :thumb:

Latest posts

Back