• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who's shot deer with 12 gauge rb's?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in November of 1998 I had an old CVA double barrel 12 gauge percussion Turkey classic. I found that with 100 gr of Goex 2-f under a cushioned wad and 69 caliber round balls (unpatched) with a card wad to hold the balls in, both barrels shot to the point of aim at 50 yards. I took it out and shot a doe at 30 yards and it blew right through both lungs and you guessed it- she dropped and died right there.

My Bess would actually be an 11 ga but I shoot the same size .715 ball as Swampy does in his 12 ga. Kills deer dead going by the one deer I shot with it.
Mine was a doe at 35-40 yards, not the best hit I ever made. Quartering toward me. I think I probably only hit one lung, liver, gut. ( :idunno: It was dark when I gutted her.)She ran 40-50 yards and fell over.

Back