• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Why are Texas squirrels bigger?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Twelve pound critter, you say? That was the clue needed to solve your mystery. You made only one little mistake. Those 12 pound Texas critters are more commonly caller "Deer" everywhere else.

Judging from the responses, it's all just "funnin"...or is it?....Fred

Judging from the responses, it's all just "funnin"...or is it?....Fred

Well, it is for me and I think it is for Kentucky45 too. Maybe if we work him over hard enough he will lose his sense of humor! That would be fun too. :haha:

I have a lot of friends in Texas and friends or not, they are a different bunch. One of them joined us on an elk hunt and he could not get over how clean the service station restrooms are in Colorado :shocked2: Turned out he had lit a match in the bathroom at his house and blew the whole house right off it's wheels. :shocked2:

When I hunted with him in TX he was a wonderful host but it was disconcerting that he allowed his 13 year old daughter to smoke at the dinner table. Now, I'm a reformed smoker but not an anti smoking zealot but I just did not think she should be smoking in front of her two kids.

I tried to discourage her while her dad wento outside to get something from the fridge, but there was no dissuading her. :(

Yall sure are hard on Texas. Talking about our wives being our sisters and all that. You're comments are not exactly 100% true. It's mostly only the Texans that are decendents from Tennesse and Arkansas that do that. There are some from Mississippi too but we don't associate with them very much because they're toes are spread out real far from walking around in the mud. They can't hardly wear shoes. :grin: But you have to admit that's even better than the folks up north, over east, and out west where your wife may have previously been your boyfriend. :shocked2: I've been fireing the old .54cal squirrel rifle honing in my shooting skills. High climbing Texas sized squirrels require Texas sized trees, and it takes a long shot to reach them. We're even closer to aquirrel season now than when this thread began. Ain't it great! I was thinking, did you know that Texas squirrels couldn't live up north in your trees because they'd break the limbs? They weigh too much. It takes a BIG tree for a BIG squirrel. If our squirrels lived up around yall they'd have to learn to be ground squirrels. Earlier I was looking at some pictures of squirrels in America. It is pretty obvious that Texas Fox squirrels are redder and Texas Grey squirrels are greyer than all the other squirrels in all of yalls little states. Why? :idunno:

But you have to admit that's even better than the folks up north, over east, and out west where your wife may have previously been your boyfriend.

Now that's priceless! :rotf:

In all fairness, I must admit that in Trinidad Colorado one can go into surgery qualified to by somebody's boyfriend and come out qualified to be somebody's girlfriend. :shocked2:

It is pretty obvious that Texas Fox squirrels are redder and Texas Grey squirrels are greyer than all the other squirrels in all of yalls little states. Why?

I got no idea! Please tell us why. :haha:

In all fairness, I must admit that in Trinidad Colorado one can go into surgery qualified to by somebody's boyfriend and come out qualified to be somebody's girlfriend. :shocked2:

Well there ya go!

It is pretty obvious that Texas Fox squirrels are redder and Texas Grey squirrels are greyer than all the other squirrels in all of yalls little states. Why?

I got no idea! Please tell us why. :haha: [/quot

Marmotslayer I'll try to explain in words yall up north can understand. First, this is just my opinion and there is no scientific proof to back it up. So don't no body get upset because this answer isn't chizeled in rock 100% factual. It's just a Texas tale. :v There's a little red dirt state just north of Texas, only about 100 square miles big if I remember correctly, called Oklahoma. They have a football team called the Sooners and at their games they yell out loudly Bommer Sooner, Boomer Sooner. Texas owes Oklahoma a great deal of thanks for several reasons. If it wasn't for them sucking so bad, Texas would float away and seperate from the rest of the continent. Also, Oklahoma is partly responsible for Texas having some of the best wildlife along the Red River imaginable. That's the area where our squirrels are redder and greyer. Here's my reasonin why. It's because of the fertilizer that helps grow the pecans and acorns that feed the squirrels along the river. Ya see, I don't think they have electricity and indoor plumbing in Oklahoma. Everyone poops near a tree. That makes the trees produce more. Those Okies that live along the Red River would "sooner" poop just upstream from where their water pump station is as not. And they poop loudly, we call them "boomers" around here. Hence the term "boomer sooners". :blah: Anyway that's what I heard. We don't eat those Red River squirrels because of what makes them so big. :barf: We just set along our side of the river in the evenings and watch them whip the snot out of those Oklahoma Red River Black Bears. Our squirrels are tough. And Texas always has a better football team than Oklahoma too. Yes, if it wasn't for Oklahoma being what it is, Texas might not be the great state it is. When I visit Oklahoma, I take a lantern and plenty of toilet paper. I call it my Oklahoma Survival Kit. Thanks to all you squirrel hunters in Oklahoma, you make Texas squirrel hunting great, and thank you marmotslayer for allowing me to tell you about our fine Texas squirrels. :hatsoff: K45

Back