• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WHY?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AgesofDays

40 Cal.
Reaction score
what is it about flintlocks that just drives me dare I say better than se### to make irrational decicions {product of pubic education}...spelling....the lore the history the tie that binds ooooooooo im gonna pay for that one ....the primative biatholn is tomorrow up here GOD help if any deer run in front of the 58

AgesofDays said:
what is it about flintlocks that just drives me dare I say better than se### to make irrational decicions {product of pubic education}...spelling....the lore the history the tie that binds ooooooooo im gonna pay for that one ....the primative biatholn is tomorrow up here GOD help if any deer run in front of the 58

Wa'll Ima guessin mind ya but ... thet deer will haveta wurry about tha first 57 thet come by furstus! :rotf:

Davy

AgesofDays said:
"...what is it about flintlocks..."

I don't know either...but 4 years ago now I bought my first flinter and my shooting and hunting life has changed completely...can't wait til the weekends...

Had a promishing career path laid out as an architect... parents gave me a flintlock for my 16th birthday... changed my life... went into biology and moved to Alaska so I could live in a tent, drive a boat as my primary vehicle, and carry a gun to work... took me 10 years to move back down and start on my grad degree... and set up a shop to build a (of course) flintlock myself... FLINTLOCKS ARE DETRIMENTAL TO ANY ATTEMPT TO BECOMING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY!

Marmot

Stumpkiller said:
Flint dust is a hallusino . . . hallyousan . . . hallucyn . . . makes you nuts!

I musta been completely around the bend when I got my first rifle, which was a flintlock. All my serious shooting has been with flintlocks. I plead insanity. Cuz I'm jes crazy 'bout that stuff.

Shoot 6 times into a bucket of sand in the garage...take a big sniff...now, doesn't it make sense now!! :rotf: :blah:

I bought my first flintlock three weeks ago. With my two passions in life (traditional archery and flyfishing) I didn't want to get into flintlocking only because with these two things they do take up most of my time; however I knew that the flintlock was a natural fit and had to do it. Glad I did and I just can't get enough of it now.

Ron

I started with black powder at 13.
became a range officer in the service shot eveything that went bang and returned to the traditional ways, and haven't looked back since.
for me it's a state of mind :hatsoff:

I started with a percussion .45 cal Hawkens.Sold it and now have a.50 cal Shenadoah(sp) and a Kentucly Long rifle.50 cal. Both are flintlocks. it's habit forming.

Percussion caps are a one time use item, flints can yield many shots, thus making them more economical to use, besides, when was the last time you found usable percussion caps on the ground while out in the wilderness? :haha: :thumbsup:

I believe they did a film about this in the 60's.
Quite controversial it was. One after another kids in a small town started acting weird, cooking up patch-lube, sneaking out behind the school with "knapping paraphernalia". I think the film was called "Demon Flint" but I may be mistaken as I'm personally a long term habitual flint user. :shocked2: :thumbsup:

As a child of the late 50's and early 60's i have
to say I don't remember that movie! Any other
information?
snake-eyes :hmm:

It was one of those cheap "F" class black and white jobs. The protagonist was this "Reverend Bridges" guy who who tried to save the kids souls by having them give up The "killer demon flint"! He gave fiery speeches about how they'd ruin their lives with nasty corrosive practices.
Turns out he was in league with the black "Knight von Plastikstock". Don't quite remember how it ends tho'... :grin:

Back