• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Will this work on my Renegade?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pretty sure some of the guys have converted their rifles with these. Roundball would be the guy to ask. Don't count out one of the TC locks either. The new ones are pretty good. You would also have to get a flint barrel but you probably already know that. My only concern would be if the touch hole would line up right. Hope this helps.

It should work fine. You will have to do some inletting to fit the leaf spring into the mortice made for a coil spring. You wouldn't have to worry about it if you went with a new T/C lock like DEW mentioned.

bdhutier said:
Thanks guys! In-letting isn't a problem, but are there any considerations for set vs. single triggers?

It should not make any difference. The relation of the sear to the the trigger should be the same.

A few years ago I swapped triggers between a Renegade with a single trigger and a Hawken with a set trigger...Do'nt remember having to do any special inletting. Which I would hve since I did'nt know how to inlet at the time !

Hope this helps !

Latest posts

Back