• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

william's wgrs sight for TC?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Wilkinson

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone out there using William's "wgrs" peep rear sight on a TC with the octagon barrel?? I see Midway has these sights and they list one made for TC's with octagon barrels (Hawken, Big Boar or any with octagon barrel). I am throwing around the idea of a new rear sight for my white mt carbine and big boar and looking into the TC rear peep sight which mounts on the tang and these William's sights that mount on the barrel. If the William's sight mounts to the barrel,, close to the rear like I feel it should,, (more sight radius).. I think I will have to drill and tap the barrel..however MidwayUSA says no gunsmithing is required,,meaning this sight will be mounted forward at existing sight mount holes..which I feel may be too far up on barrel (existing sight radius)..Any help on this one? Thanks to all...

i bought the one made by t/c and it works alright for me. it's on a white mountain carbine also. what calibur is yours? mine is .50 with a 1:20 twist. i'm sure having a hard time finding something that will shoot accurately out of it. what are you shooting. don't mean to pester you but this problem is driving me nuts

I have a white mountain with the same twist and it shoots 45 caliber HORNADY 300gr. hollowpoints in TC breakaway sabots in front of 75 grains of 2f Goex or Pyrodex RS quite well. It is even more accurate with 65 or 70 grains but I notice a big dropoff in accuracy with more than 75 grains and I have tried loads all the way up to 100 grains. Not a problem though because the 75 grain load is plenty for any deer that I have tried it on. All have been under 75 yards.

So far, all the peeps I've seen are meant to be mounted on the tangs...I believe they need to be very near the eye to achieve the intended benefit.

PS: In addition to possibly creating a potential safety issue by drilling holes in the barrel, it will probably void TC's lifetime warranty as well.

Where does your William's sight mount on the barrel? My WMC is 54 cal. I also had trouble with finding a load that shoots good,,must be the 21" barrel...my gun is 1-48 twist. it shoots PRB and my hand cast 348gr REAL conicals pretty good.
I sure burned alot of powder working up loads!!

Im with ya on that...The closer to the eye=more sight radius=accuracy. with the short carbine barrel this should be better...I am searching for the "perfect" sight..may never end,may have to try 'em all!!

I'm sorry..I just noticed you said you had the TC sight,,not the Williams..my mistake!! I am at work and just glanced at the reply. Thanks for the info....

roundball said:
PS: In addition to possibly creating a potential safety issue by drilling holes in the barrel, it will probably void TC's lifetime warranty as well.

when i call T/C to find out if i could refinish my barrel when i restocked it they said as long as i didn't drill it or cut dove tails in it, in other words any milling process will do it :v .............bob

I have an old Japanese rifle that has a barrel mounted peep. When the light is bright enough to see through it, it is as accurate as some scope sighted rifles I own. I also have one of the Williams peeps, but haven't yet mounted it. If you have trouble with seein' through the peep, just unscrew the aperature and use the holder. They also have slides with open rear sights that fit the same base, I prefer the wide shallow "V" similar to the one on the White Mountain Carbine. :v

Few weeks ago mounted a TC hunters peep on a TC Hawkins 80`s model new GNM barrel 32" 50 cal 1/70 twist percussion.My eyes went out of focus,the peep did bring everything back in focus .I still prefer open sights and may play with them a little and see if my eyes will co-operate .(Peep)Just have to get use to the open ring and the front bead lining up the same each time you shoot .This will happen the more you shoot and no problem getting on target being it paper or live.

Back