• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wine making

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My pleasure , rollingb . If you don't have a homebrew or winemaking store in your area , you can find books and supplies on the web . Here in Maryland , I deal with Anappolis Home Brew . They have a website , if you don't have a supplier in your area . Good luck with your new hobby ! :thumbsup:

Les
You sound like me and my brother.
We have the one end of his garage partitioned off and we call it the wine/sausage room.
We got about 8 carboys and a blue barrel that juice was in (food grade plastic)
And when we finally get the wine all racked and ready to bottle , we put it in kegs. They are the type that they use behind a bar to dispence soda for mix drinks.
Just put the wine in them then put CO2 on it and it can sit for a long time.

rollingb
I should forewarn you that wine makeing is about as addicting as BP muzzleloaders and ML building.
One thing it comes in nice for is the Holiday season I give bottles of wine for gifts .
I got some `Rose Blend I need to put in a kegs now.

Woody

OH MY GAWD Not only will we have a Blind dog, we will have a Blind Drunken Dog that i'll be chasein his tail and Won't be able to find it! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
Is there any leashes for sale in the Possables Shop? :crackup:
Peeeeeeein on fire hydrants in public ain't kosher :youcrazy:

Woody

Welcome to the dark side Rollingb. New terms such as specific gravity and hydrometer shall be a part of your dreams and nightmares. The letters ABV shall become as familiar to you as ffg, the turkey frying setups that you see shall be henceforth known as wort kettles. Straight A(s) is no longer a school grade, it is now the name of a sanitizer that you use to clean your equipment.

On a more serious note, if I can give you one bit of advice as a new brewer it is to ensure that you sanitize your equipment. The best ingredients, techniques and equipment don't mean jack if you get any type of infection in your brew. We have been using a no rinse sanitizer called One-Step for years now.

Here is a link to show you a good basic setup that gives you the equipment for making wine or cider.

http://www.wineartindy.com/winarteqkit.html

Start saving non twist-off beer bottles now.

Fermentation and civilization are inseparable.
John Ciardi

Les
I have to agree with you on the sanitizeation of ALL the equipment that is use in the process that the juice/wine will come in contact with. I once had a carboy of juice go bad due to the carboys being shuffled around ( by a stand byer) and one got mixed in with the clean ones. You guessed it the dirty one ended up being used.
From then on nobody was allowed to move or touch a thing while the handeling of wine was being done, except by the ones makeing it!

Woody

Thanks fellas,.... For all the great advice and instructions.

I figger, if I can make some good wine or hard cider, I can drink it and fake be'n able to see,.... and if by "chance" I do git ran over by a car agin while cross'n the street, it won't hurt as much.

Heck,.... even if I shoot in the "wrong direction" agin dur'n a shoot'n match, the guys git'n drunk on my wine won't "care" enough to holler at me any more!! :haha:

YEP!!.... I can definitly see some advantages to be'n a "blind wine maker"!! :crackup:

YMHS
rollingb

Back