• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Winter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:hmm:Just wonder if any one else here in he North East is getting tired of WINTER ! I know it is a great time to do new weapons, but enouth is enough. Let the warm weather come! :thumbsup:

Thank God for global warming, you might be up to your arse in glaciers! :what: :haha: Anyway the weather has been crazy down here in the sunny south, too, but no snow this winter. It was hot the other day and cold the next day. I think we're heading for "nice" the next few....I used to live in PA and feel for you fellows up there...I wanted to grab ahold of a snow shovel and head south until I heard someone say, "what's that?" Then stop. But my career took me down here instead.

Here in southern Ontario in the Great White North it rained on Monday, but there was a window in late afternoon for a quick 15 rounds on my range. Then yesterday it dropped to minus 20 C plus windchill and has stayed like that, with lots of snow. I seem to have been spending all winter sighting in my rifle but each time come back wondering how much more accurate I'd be without hypothermia. Oh well, an excuse for a lot more shooting in summer ...

Up until recently we haven't had the typical snow fall here in NH. I usually have a 7ft pile at the end of my driveway but its only about 5ft now. I am usually pretty tired of the winter by this time each year and start to dream about bass fishing and what I'm going to put in the garden. The one distinct advantage to winter is I usually have the range at my club to my self. This means I don't have to watch out for the other guy just myself. Used to ice fish quite a bit but haven't done much of that the last few years. The shooting sports have kind of taken over at least for awhile.

Don

:master:Don, ice fishing is all we have been able to do here in the Hudson Valley, NY. My son lives in NH and he said that his last storm was small for you all up there in NH. Well as I started the forum; WINTER has to go!! :huh:

Crazy Frenchman,
Your avatar looks just like a guy I know. ::
He's tired of winter too and so am I.Yeaterday and through the night we had heavy rainfall and high winds.Just after daylight this morning it started on to blustering and snowing and the temps. dropped at least 20 degrees.
I'll be glad to get on with warmer weather and a little trout fishing. :redthumb:

:hmm:Just wonder if any one else here in he North East is getting tired of WINTER !

It's the Punxsutawney Phil's fault...

KILL THE GROUNDHOG!

mob-angry.gif

I love winter..as long as there is something to hunt. Squirrel season just ended here in Michigan and rabbit season runs until the end of March. Then there's predator hunting which is always best in winter. I would even rather have snow during deer season, it's just more fun. Maybe I should move farther north where winter stays longer. :D
winterkill.jpg

Ye might want to loosten thet skunk-skin bonnet a turn. Yer starten to halloocenate.

If it stayed winter all the time we'd plum miss trout season, then walleye and bass season, and the October woods just wouldn't look or smell proper. :cry:

I been watching 14 deer in my yard most evenings this month when I get home from work and they look like they're ready for some green forage. I have a dog, and they're still coming to within 40 feet of my back door to munch on a row of cedars.

Be thankful you're in Michigan; right about even with my haunts parallel wise. We get the best of all seasons here. :redthumb:

My neighbor is a 'weather-guesser' and said he heard we're going to have 10 months of winter and two months of damn' poor skiing.

:agree: First it's Frost Bite......... then it's Fly Bites
Waynerifle3.jpg

Still it would be pretty dull if we didn't have distinct seasons :imo:

skunk-skin bonnet?? "Can't ya read sign?", that's Otter skin, just like the one Bill Tyler (Charlton Heston) wore in the movie Mountain Men.

Hey, I didn't mean that I don't like the seasons, but I just don't mind winter all that much as long as I can be out in it huntin somethin. :peace:

After winter comes mud season. At least the other shooting ranges will be open once the snow drifts melt... and yes.. trout season opens!!!

Hey! We have distinct seasons down here: Cool and wet, warm and wet and HOT and wet. Its just that this year they have been alternating too frequently! Here's hoping for a dry spell... :haha:

Now I remember why I never went back to Owen Sound After Uncle got through with me in 46.I was one of those dual citizen types and Uncle paid better then.I was going in somebodies army no place to run back then.

I am originally from NH. We used to say there were three seasons: winter, mud and black fly.
Out here in michigan it is not bad. When I moved here they all said wait til you see one of our michigan winters! Well, seven years later and I have not seen anything that compared to what we had in NH, and that is not a complaint btw :crackup: :crackup: Even still, I am very ready for spring to get here.

Nice lookin shoes Soggy, they look like the Michigan style. Snowshoes are one of the things that make winter fun, if we get enough snow. ::

Here's a picture of my gunboats. They're made by Iverson here in Michigan and they're 13X65, Algonquin style. I need em that big to hold up my 285# carcass.

Michigan%20winter%20002.jpg

skunk-skin bonnet?? "Can't ya read sign?", that's Otter skin, just like the one Bill Tyler (Charlton Heston) wore in the movie Mountain Men.

LOL. I was givin ye the benefit o' the doubt that ye wouldn't ruin such a good quiver by slicin it up fer yer haid.

That were up in the blurry part of the screen which my bi-foculs don't pick out so well. :rolleyes: When there's a deer in the picture other things get missed. ::

Back