• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TRU-OIL problem

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stripped Pedersoli walnut stock and stained it. I let it dry completely , 2 days, and I applied the tru-oil as directed. Looks real good but it didn't dry completely after a day in the sun. Still a little tacky but I lightly steel wool it and apply another light coat and let it dry in the warm weather. Still a little tacky after 2 days of drying. Again I steel wool it and apply another light coat. manure !#% I do it a couple more times but absolutely will not completely dry even after 3 days. I've tried it on windy warm days as well as under the air conditioner. Any ideas? I will call the manufacture & hopefully get some answers. date code 241156..........labrat
It was a hand finished oil stock.... what did you strip? Take the bluing off the barrel, but don't touch the stock.

Attachments

• IMG_20240827_131812_719_edited.jpeg
    IMG_20240827_131812_719_edited.jpeg
    4.1 MB
Back