• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wisconsin squirrel season ending...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rushlake1

45 Cal.
Reaction score
36 deg overcast sputtering drips and rain...
12" wet snow pack..hunting in the am today..
Saw 7 missed 2 bagged 2..great day...
First time hunting with a cap slapper since 2009...The start of my transition away from cf's
T/C Cherokee 32 cal. tang peep, slimed stock,brass rr,bore protector.
will hold 3/4" at 45 yards
25 gr.volume FF Swiss sporting bp
18 thou. pillow ticking
.310 round ball
Hoppes lube
cci caps
The rifle is a joy to carry and shoot...for those that like a simple,light, hard working rifle..this is it...Thanks Rat trapper!

Thankful I have made friends on this forum..it has extended my hunting season by crossing state lines...Can't wait Mike ..See you fri morning at 7..

P1310272_zpsh0boz25n.jpg

Silky-WVBuck--
Had a great hunting season..Thanks
The older I get the more I enjoy the small game seasons...
Noticeable louder report on this rifle compared to my 42" squirrel flinter..
And yes I fumbled with the caps.... :cursing:
Got to get a bigger coffee thermos ran out at 7:30 am..

22fowl said:
Thankful I have made friends on this forum..it has extended my hunting season by crossing state lines...Can't wait Mike ..See you fri morning at 7..

Glad you've had your practice over there in Wisconsin because our Minn-e-soh-tah squirrels are tough dudes!!! Our "fox" squirrels should probably be called "wolf" squirrels in comparison! :wink: :grin:

With the big snowstorm and high winds hitting mid week and probably keeping the squirrels denned up, the weekend should be prime time with good weather forecast. What could be better than a long weekend of squirrel hunting on snowshoes with flintlocks on 800 acres of unhunted squirrel heaven??? Should be a great time. :thumbsup:

Mike

DD...Here's the fox squirrel shot on Sunday..
Cell phone picture..
Our fox squirrels don't give up easy.

160131_001_zpsarjml8h1.jpg

Had to force myself to hunt with this rifle...
Have turned into a flintlock snob..
Bought it used from another forum member.. Tweaked it to my liking.(made it my own)
Since it was the last day of the squirrel season thought I better use it at least once ...
Bought this rifle to let anyone interested in black powder shooting...Using it as bait..to set the hook...
Low recoil,accurate,light,makes great smoke!
It's my goto backup rifle to take on hunting trips.

One day I foresee my future grandkids hunting and plinking with this rifle at our duck camp with Gramp's.
A man's Gotta dream.

Pull that rifle out and have fun!

Back