• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

wood removal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm certainly in agreement with the fact dremel makes a wonderful tool, they do. I have owned one for years and have used it countless times. However, all that aside think we are leaning more to it's use with stock work. That obviously is a matter of opinion if one decides to use it for that purpose. I myself will never use one on my own stocks. IMO this area of the build is far to fragile for such a tool. Choosing to remove wood via hand just wins all out, I have total control of the process with no worries of major issues. Sure a dremel probably speeds up some processes of stock work, just not worth the extra risk for me. Think it also goes into how much one wants to experience building entirely by hand... From a historical standpoint, I take great pride in being able to produce a finished stock strictly by hand with basic hand tools as the buulders of old did. Tediously tiring and frustrating sometimes, but truly rewarding! :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back