• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wood Screws

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sully

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Where can I get my hands on some #2 by 3/8" wood screws ? I really do need the #2 size but I am having great difficulty in locating them. Any ideas? Thanks.

The only place I have ever seen them is in a package of tiny hinges. You can pick them up at Home Depot, Lowe's, Michaels and Joanns Fabrics among other places. Try Ace Hardware too. But you will usuall get them with small hinges or latches for small wooden boxes. Good luck.

If you have a bit of leeway with the length, MBS has #2 x 1/4" PN:16425 @$2.75 for 50
If they have to be 3/8" long, Lyman uses them as the eschutcheon plate screws in the GPR.
While assembling my GPR I butchered the slot on a couple of them and had to order replacements. A little bit ridiculous at a quarter a piece, but when you can't find them anyplace else.....
Gun Parts - Great Plains - Stock & Lock Group
Gun Parts - 6011118 - Escutcheon Screw - Plains Pistol/GP $0.25

Lyman Replacement Parts

Another possible source is a hobby shop.

Hope this helps

Dave

I went to Ace Hardware and found some close to the Lyman escutcheon screw size. Blued the heads with cold blue and they worked fine. Found that if I predrilled for the screw(s) with a smaller bit in my dremel tool, this helped toavoid buggering the screw head with the screwdriver because they are easy to "screw up".

Back