• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wood Stock for "Mountain Hunter"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyB

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I picked up a "Mountain Hunter" from a guy at work for next to nothing. It's a .54 cal., with a busted plastic stock. Shootable, but busted.

I've built a few long-rifles, and a ML shotgun, so wood-working isn't foreign to me, but I was wondering if there's a fairly compatible commercial stock available? She's going to be a hunting rifle, so historical accuracy is no big deal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Mountain Hunter with a good synthetic stock and lock but bad barrel. If you can't find anything else, maybe I can help you out.

Just about any precarved stock that is cut for the right barrel channel and ramrod will do. You probably won't find a pre-inlet that will fit your lock so get one that is not inletted for the lock.

I did something like that on my Mountain Rifle. The factory stock was too short and didn't have enough drop for me. I restocked it with a Leman pattern half stock that was cut for the 15/16" barrel and had the ramrod channel bored. I inletted the rest of parts myself. The rifle is still going strong after 30 years.

Latest posts

Back