• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wooden stocks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minieball

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hope you can help me.I have 2 inlines,a Knight American and a Traditions Tracker.Both are plunger action .50's and both shoot well above their pricetags,however both are synthetic stocked.I dont like plastic and would very much like to stock them in wood in a style similar to the old Mannlicher Schoenauer full stock rifles.I've looked around an cant seem to locate anyone making stocks for these rifles.Nothing fancy needed, I just like wood.Any help appreciated. Deo Vindice

Unfortunately, I have never seen a roughed out full length stock, let alone a finished one offered for an in-line.

This is IMO, a shame, but when you think about it, most of the people who buy In-lines are of the modern school.
They like plastic stocks, and those with camouflage are even better! At least that's what a lot of them think.

Several sources like Shotgun News and Gun List carry ads for Stockmakers. You might want to give one of them a call and tell them what you want.
If they had the barrel and receiver dimensions, they might be able to supply you with a semi finished stock.
You might have to do the final fitting, install the trigger, butt plate etc.
Or, if you have a lot of money, you could ship them your gun and they could do the whole thing for you.

Good luck :)

Minieball,
What part of PA you at? I think you would do well to contact Dixon's Muzzleloading shop(dixonmuzzleloading.com). If anybody is making wood stocks for inlines, they would know. If not they might know someone to contact to do the job or someone to rough one in for you. Good luck.
Zman

Give Richard's Microfit Gunstocks a call at (818) 767-6097. You might be able to send them your existing stocks and have them duplicate them on blanks for you. They have the walnuts, maples, myrtle, etc, in all grades. You will then need to just do finish work to fit the action to the stock and finish it.

Richard's Microfit Gunstocks

Get a stock for Model 70 and modify it to fit your action. Richards Microfit is one supplier, and would be a good choice, you might even consider a second quality stock since you're going to be carvin it anyway.

Several stock makers will put your old stock in a duplicator.

You might be able to get a Mannlicher style easily enough, but I sure wouldn't go out of my way.

Back