• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Woodsrunner Question?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can say with a straight face that we offer the best value in traditional muzzleloading. As to the credit for customer wood, this is based on what our wood cost is per blank. Further dealing with customer wood can be problematic and there is a cost to it. As to the carving, it’s certainly an option. If you can do as good a job yourself for less money then that would be an option. Additionally you could have this work hired out. All I can say is that you’ll not likely find the same quality at a lower price point.

One thing people sometimes forget about the Kibler kits is the precision and quality/durability of the parts is heads and shoulders above the competitors. It’s not just a kit for a good price, it’s a kit that boasts excellent architecture and authenticity that can also be accomplished by a novice using the absolute best parts made anywhere.

I’m SUPER excited for my Woodsrunner and Fowler, of which I’ve placed my orders in in the last week.

My carved woodsrunner is a buy now gun . I posted it too a group text with my shooting buddies as check this out. Half hour later i placed my order . No beer required. Just friends spending my money.

I have considered the Kibler kits. It's great work he has done for the masses. Patch box is a no go for me, & several other things because i am not a period correct person. I love rock sparkers but i will have to get mine made the way i need it to be. Possibly end up a pipe dream.

Wood carving was the cheapest and easiest part of the entire building process for the period builders.

I suspect they knocked it out without giving it much thought.

Some basic carving was likely considered standard fair on every gun. Adding additional carving or inlays likely was an added upcharge.

Latest posts

Back