• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Worst ND deer season in years

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...
It would almost be cheaper for me as a non-resident to go deer hunting in your state than to deer hunt here in Kansas as a resident... :hmm:

How hard/how much is it to get access to hunt...?

Idaho Ron said:
How hard is it to find a place to hunt? Ron
MO has alot of great public land. way more than IL or IA. the MO Conservation Dept has alot of money (funded buy a % of state sales tax) and purchases more land every year. these days like alot of places in the midwest private land is being leased up. my friends and i refuse to pay for access but we can still track down private land to hunt for just the asking. it just takes a little effort. i bowhunt on private land 90% of the time with no leases. when muzzleloading my friends and i hunt 90% public land and do very well. we've shot quite a few bucks 130"-150" and the occasional real big one.

"I heard that since deer numbers are down this year ND DNR is going to do away with the early deer season,that no one uses, it may just be a rumor though. I could care less as long as they are making the decisions in a reliable scientific manner, and not political hearsay. "

I think many are able to twist science to get the policies they want. PA Game Comm had us hunt the does because we had too many. Now we hardly have any and they still issue a lot of doe tags.

If your state is telling you to kill off does; you may want to rethink it.... Don't do what we in PA did :(

Yup, you never know where they are coming from these days. I'll tell you what if the deer don't recoup from a hopefully mild winter I will definetly shoot less doe, but I'm hoping for a swift recovery.

Back