• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wow I forgot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

54deland

32 Cal.
Reaction score
how much fun shooting muzzleloaders can be. Got drawn for a hunt here in Florida so I went to the range last Saturday. I hadn't shot my T/C 54 cal Hawken in years, and my father, having had a recent quadruple bypass, cannot hunt this year, so I took along his 50 cal Renegade. I ended up not shooting my Hawken; shot the Renegade for 3 hours, and man was that a lot of fun. Gonna hunt with the Renegade; hopefully take a deer with it, for my dad. He'll be more than ready for Spring gobbler season. This site is neat; looking forward to daily visits.

Welcome! Years ago the Delamd area had quite a few BP clubs and ranges . I.m sure your Dad will get better faster knowning You and He will be going after Mr, Gobbler in the spring.
:thumbsup:

Welcome to the Forum. Not surprised you enjoyed the Renegade. I've been shooting on for decades: accurate and reliable.

Best of luck with the hunt.

Jeff

I got drawn for the second (Nov 3,4,&5) Muzzleloader hunt on the Lake Woodruff National Wildlife Refuge. I've bow (recurve) hunted the refuge all my life, but haven't put in for the muzzleloader hunt in years. Maybe it will have cooled down a bit. I got the second archery too; sure to do some sweating, it runs Oct 6-14.

54deland said:
I got drawn for the second (Nov 3,4,&5) Muzzleloader hunt on the Lake Woodruff National Wildlife Refuge. I've bow (recurve) hunted the refuge all my life, but haven't put in for the muzzleloader hunt in years. Maybe it will have cooled down a bit. I got the second archery too; sure to do some sweating, it runs Oct 6-14.
Thats a pretty good hunt, My son and I were drawn for the archery hunt in Dexter Mary Farms after years of putting in for it.
If you live in DeLand we are close to each other, I live in Lake Helen.
Good luck with your hunt, There are some fine bucks in that place if it does not flood! :v

Good luck with Dexter Mary Farms.....I used to hunt it some when it was a private lease......nice piece of property, especially the swamp close to the river South of Astor. My dad and I both have taken some nice deer on the refuge with bows and muzzleloaders. Water is down on the river, but Isaac could change that in a hurry.

Well I was successful with my dads Renegade. Not big for most our country, but not bad for a Florida swamp buck. 171 lb 8 point.
PICT0017.jpg

Congrats on a fine buck,Dad will be ready for gobbler season,took me about 3-4 months to get my feet back under me after my by-pass. :wink:

Nice buck,I don't care whereit comes from. hope your dad gets back on his feet real soon. Feed him some of that deer meat and that will get him started.

Good rack and heavy deer for Florida. Up here in the Panhandle most are quite small. Congrats.

Back