• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED WTB - Baker Carbine bore flat lock by Rifle Shoppe or similar

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a flat Baker rifle carbine bore lock, either in kit or assembled, by the Rifle Shoppe or similar. I would pay TRS prices of $150 for a kit and $400 for a built lock.

Bakers seem popular Some had the round faced lock if its not too critical the L&R Queen Anne might suit you or perhaps Chambers lock. The UK 95th reenactors use to buy Indian made locks to make up their rifles long before Sean Bean & Sharpe's came along & cast there own mounts at local brass founders However there was no alternative then Incidently Richard Moore was doing 95th for years & he & Bill Whitlem did really good 95th in the UK Napolionic Assosiation When Celtic films decided to do the series they sought a real expert not some book man but a devoted student of the regiment All enquries led to Richard so up rolls some flash car knocks on his flat explain their need well. Richard really knew his stuff So they say' 'We need you Richard '' He was working as a driver for a Brass founder he had a job . Ok what they pay ? they listen & say we will put you on a thousand a week retainer thus Launches Richard as Historical Adviser & later Bill Whittlam as Armourer / A job I also sought . You see them in the films just the odd speaking part but there on many episodes Unfortunatly he was concussed by a ground charge and its affected him ever since. How helpful that is ?. But figure it would be of interest . He did some Hornblower later I camped with both first & second company & KLG Nr the fields at Waterloo I didn't do rifles just 92nd in the event a ' Regiment of Three' June 1995 Col Benton Jennings .'' Stumpy the piper & Me Sole O R was it !
Cheers Rudyard

Latest posts

Back