• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE WTS Pedersoli 12ga double

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Older Pedersoli 12 ga percusion double. In excellent condition. Wood has slight handling marks shown in photo, metal case colors excellent, barrel browning some fading at nipples, bores like new. Nipple threads like new with new nipples. Right barrel IC, left barrel Modified. Very light upland game shotgun. Don't have any scale to weigh shotgun. Just a great early upland Pedersoli shotgun. See photos for condition. 3 day non firing/taking apart inspection. Asking $625.00 plus shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_3372.JPG
    IMG_3372.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3370.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3383.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3373.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3378.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3379.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3380.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3376.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3377.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3386.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Thanks Rebel. I too was wondering why no one seems to be interested in this shotgun. I guess its one of life's mysteries.

Weigh the gun using your bathroom scale and yourself. Do it a few times. It looks like one of the under-6 pound older guns vs the newer ~8 pounders. If so, this is highly desirable. I have this gun and it’s not for sale. Your price is very fair. Perhaps the date code as well.

Older Pedersoli's weigh 5#-12oz to 6-pounds. Newer versions weigh 7#-2oz to 7#-6oz. That's in 12-gauge. The 20-gauge regardless of vintage seems to weigh 7#-4oz. There's a Old English version that is advertised to be 6#-8oz with "lighter weight barrels" but I have never seen one that did not weigh the usual 7#2-7#6. I've handled dozens, own 5 and have trade/sold 2 in my quest to make a composed pair of each. (Not familiar with the 10-gauge to state averages). Regardless of weight, Penske seems to have a good condition gun with a very reasonable price. Very tempting but like I said I have 2 of each weight vintage and a spare at the moment. With bird season rapidly approaching, someone will surely snatch this up soon. I keep trying to justify a trio.....

Last edited:
I'm just curious how to use the meter to figure out the gauge; I have a 10 gauge pedersoli, and I would love to figure out what the chokes are.
I have one of those made in 1988. The comparison discussion about 6 lb verses 8lb guns made me wonder what I have, so I just weighed it.

7 lbs 2 oz without the ramrod. So, mine would be a “Tweener”, I reckon.
The Cabela screw-in choke version comes in around 8. Yours would be about right for the standard version.

I'm just curious how to use the meter to figure out the gauge; I have a 10 gauge pedersoli, and I would love to figure out what the chokes are.
i have an old 10 gauge, just under 7 pounds, cylinder cylinder. I'll mic it later today which will give you some sort of starting point.

It's not quantified data, but, you can learn a lot by screwing a 10 gauge wad onto the end of a ramrod, and pushing it evenly through the choke to see how much it eases up after reaching the bore. If you can't feel the change pretty clearly, it's all but certainly cylinder.

i have an old 10 gauge, just under 7 pounds, cylinder cylinder. I'll mic it later today which will give you some sort of starting point.

It's not quantified data, but, you can learn a lot by screwing a 10 gauge wad onto the end of a ramrod, and pushing it evenly through the choke to see how much it eases up after reaching the bore. If you can't feel the change pretty clearly, it's all but certainly cylinder.
My 10 gauge Cyl-Cyl Pedersoli (from 1981) mics very close to .77 inches, both barrels

Latest posts

Back