• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wyoming elk bound with the Hawken!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan Grotheer

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Well, got very fortunate and had a good friend arrange a cow elk hunt for me in Wyoming. On the road now for the opener on the 1st. This time I will be toting my grandfather's .50 TC Hawkin. He passed away when I was 7 yrs old and his passion for the outdoors inspired mine. I'll also be carrying his powder bag and horn that he made, shooting maxi balls that he had molded, and I'll be wearing his buckskin pants that he also made. Wondering if he ever imagined his grandson would be carrying his Hawken and hunting elk In Wyoming. ..
I'm pretty excited. Anyone else going to be hunting in Wyoming?

Sounds like your Grandpa was quite a man. Have fun, be safe, and make sure you post photos and a story when you get back. Good luck!

Good luck! Using your grandfathers gear will make for an extra special hunt.

Good luck!
That is a good hunting rifle. The TC Hawken .50 is the rifle I tote around the woods when I hunt.
{Not that I have gotten anything with it yet, but it is a pleasure to carry and I like the look it has.}

Latest posts

Back