• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"You Ain't a Hunter" ??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When this subject is presented to me in the same fashion as it was presented to you... I simply say " to each his own..." and move on..no sense in a mindless debate. As long as your obiding by your states Division of Wildlife rules.. nothing can be said..at all.

I hunt within the laws of the state I'm in at the time. I do not worry about how others chose to hunt. No sense in hunters fighting each other when there are so many liberal gun grabbers to fight with.

I think too many people are too worried about what everybody else is doing. For me, the way I hunt and what with is more important than hunting itself. If I couldn't hunt the way I want and with what implements I choose, I simply wouldn't. I'd suggest to your 'friend' that he do the same.

As for what a deer does or does not want to do, Galileo said "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them".

It's up to the individual to decide how much knowledge, logic, reason, technology and manipulation to apply to his hunt. Personally, I like to trim back on the technology and minimize manipulation. Making up for stainless steel, synthetic stocks, high velocity bottleneck cartridges, optics, rangefinders, ballistic calculators, camouflage and other silly "modern" conveniences with skill and patience. Don't really care what everybody else does, beyond pitying those who are missing out on what I enjoy so much.

Hey RT, I think you have something there. I like debate, but sometimes you have to look back and see the bigger cause.

Back