• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

You call that a rifle.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne.....I wish you well. I'm old , and injured from doing stuff I should have done in moderation. The gun I shoot most these days is a .40 cal. long rifle made from rusty old parts found in ashes of shed fire. You take it easy friend , and again , wish you well.

Just looking at the bore , I can almost feel the pain of recoil. OUCH! No doubt a three double header brandy per shot , caliber.
Mr. oldwood, brandy on a cold hunt sounds mighty fine !
A few years back while sitting around the campfire with friends on a ML hunt & dropped a treed squirrel with my .70 Jaeger
loaded with about 30 gr. 2f.
Result was a slightly bruised squirrel with no meat loss.. 😂

Relic shooter.......In 'bout 1973 , When I was new to m/l shooting/hunting , I put together a .75 cal. Brown Bess kit , and was dieing to hunt something w/it. First day of early squirrel season I rode to a bench on a high Mtn. behind my house where the sun would hit first. I had the smoothbore loaded w/1 1/2 oz. #5 lead shot , and an equal AMT. of 2fg. Soon day came , and a big grey squirrel came to me. I fired and the squirrel ran over to an oak tree and started up to enter a hole about 8ft. up. Holding an empty gun , I got resourceful , and a few wacks with the Bess's steel ramrod brought the grey down. I always wondered what those Iron rods might be used for besides loading. I ate the squirrel for supper.

Reminds me of my visit earlier this year to Ft. Ligonier. They had this massive firearm on display. I have no idea how one man could pick it up!!!

As the description states, it fires a 1" ball.
xXwnvFHl.png

Back