• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

your favorite style of rifle and do you own one?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still very new to bp rifles and own a T/C Hawken, but I have developed a yearning for a Pennsylvania/Kentucky longrifle. I really like the Lehigh style.
Sooner or later I'll have one, but I will keep the Hawken as well.
Jim

Chris
I really like the four petaled flower treatment on the cheek piece carving on the first rifle. First rate work!

Regards, Dave

When I first saw a Jaeger something just struck a chord and I developed Jaeger "lust".Was lucky enough to buy a TVM in .54 last year.A very simple and practical style of rifle.Nothing fancy for me but you fellas are sure putting up some pictures of VERY fine looking guns here.

this was my favorite for a while: it is a Keith Casteel in .50 made in 1974:
casteelR001.jpg

i love john armstrong rifles justhad one built received it a couple weeks ago lots of curl carving and inlays hope to post some pics soon just gotta figure it out. i wanted this gun for 15 years finally got it worth the wait.

curly maple

Here in Nova scotia.. where there was a alot of fightin between the French and their Indian allies the French Fusil de Chasse made its presence made in more ways than one. I love my Tulle, it has good balance, shoots great and the sights are always 'there' when I put her up to shoot. It is my joy having previously shot a Bess. My Tulle is my shootin and huntin gun right now, though I wouldn't mind having her with aa rifled barrel. Maybe I need another gun??
Rick Draper in the canadas

I also have a soft spot for Tennesee or Southern Mtn. rifles and I own a Tennessee in .45 cal that is my favorite shooter. However, after looking at the pictures you folks have shown here, I think I could be persuaded (twist my arm gently) to share that opinion. Great guns, guys! drool, drool.

Have a .54 IH I built up just for hunting, love the balance and the superb natural pointing of the piece

favorite gun? early flint jagers like this one
32296.jpg

do I own one? not YET...
my other faves are all pre fint - scottish muskets, wheel lock rifles and snaphance fowlers :)

Back