• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Youre favorite time of day to deer hunt?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back when I did deer hunt I preferred going at it before day light and catching a snooze before dawn in the blind. Really irritated me when the deer decided to use my blind to bed down for the night.

I've taken a few mid day and have taken quite a lot of them around 11:00ish AM. But I've found that deer are where you find them and where they happen to be. Various things alter their habits, not the least of which is hunting season. I guess the best anyone can do is find a good area, figure out how they're moving & feeding and pick a good ambush spot. Sacrificing a chicken under a full moon might also help.

I see you when your sleeping....

Digital-Camera.jpg

I know when you’re awake.....

P252-323-256-477-03h-006-02-0405-1111-0405-1111.jpg

I usually hunt the moon phases, except during the rut.
Then it’s best too stay with them as long as it takes....

533-F188-D-102-C-409-F-A951-B2105-FA7-A0-D6.jpg

I've always been to impatient to sit around and wait for an animal to dictate my day. Ideal conditions to me is snow , and or , high winds. Still hunting is my most favorite hunt. Pa. m/l season , in the morning w/soft snow, find a fresh track. If you know the country , follow the track very slowly looking for when the deer will start back on it's trail made in the morning. Did this one morning in a 45 mph steady wind on snow iced up so hard I could mostly walk on it. Found the 5 deer all laying asleep , no lookout. They were laying in a semicircle of 10yds. in a pole thicket. Had to move up passed the first one to allow for a clean shot at the big lead doe. She went home w/me only due to the exceptional noise from the wind and ice on top of the snow. ..........oldwood

Generally between 8 and 2. Unless my daughter Valerie is with me. She gets her shots right around 7 am.

Back