• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Youth hunt sucess!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killer

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well I took my boy out this morning for the opener of Michigans 2 day youth hunt. We were sitting together in a large tree stand in a tree row between 2 fields. On one side is a large overgrown horse pasture, and on the other is a empty wheat field. With a full moon i could see several hundred yards across the wheat field at 6 a.m. At around 7 i seen a little black silouette at 400 yards. I watched it for a couple minutes still not even sure it was a deer, when i hear my son say " hey do you see something"? I whispered that it was a deer and i thought it was heading our way. He started to get excited so i told him to watch the horse pasture until i was sure the deer was comeing towards us. I really just wanted him to get his composure a little before it was time. The shadow slowly milled in our direction when it got to 200 yards I told my son to turnaround and get ready. He would have to shoot over me so i knelt down out of the way. When the deer got to 100 yrds we could see its rack. I looked up towards my sons barrel and seen it shakeing so i told him to settle down and put the crosshairs on his shoulder. A minute later the deer turned broadside the the muzzleloader fired. The buck went only 30 yrds aor so and piled up in front of us. This is a nice 5 point buck taken with a Remington Genesis. I know Iknow it's an inline, but the boy is deadly with it. 13 years old, 3rd deer, 2nd buck.
004-11.jpg

good stuff :thumbsup: get him a sidelock !my dad did it stuck on me.

He has a 62 cal. tulle That he shoots with ay rendezvous, and took a couple squirrels with.

Killer... Hats off to you! and Good shooting there Young Man! Enjoy these times together they go quick! Congrats! ..Enjoy the Fall....Dan

Back