• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

45 Kibler in walnut

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
here is a 45 Kibler in walnut i done recently. i built it for my wife but it is a bit long for her. i may sell it, i have a man asking about it and i have sent some photos to him. this gun is
IMG_1568.jpg
IMG_1569.jpg
IMG_1570.jpg
IMG_1571.jpg
IMG_1573.jpg
IMG_1574.jpg
IMG_1575.jpg
IMG_1576.jpg
better than the photos. if i do sell i am thinking on cutting a Kibler down for her. i know people will cringe at the thought but i think it can be done fairly easy.
IMG_1577.jpg
IMG_1580.jpg

here is a 45 Kibler in walnut i done recently. i built it for my wife but it is a bit long for her. i may sell it, i have a man asking about it and i have sent some photos to him. this gun isView attachment 316342View attachment 316343View attachment 316344View attachment 316345View attachment 316346View attachment 316347View attachment 316348View attachment 316349 better than the photos. if i do sell i am thinking on cutting a Kibler down for her. i know people will cringe at the thought but i think it can be done fairly easy.View attachment 316350View attachment 316351
It can be done fairly easy by someone with your talent , now I know where Jim sent my stock!/Ed

If you own a square, hacksaw, and files you can cut the barrel down and re-crown easily. I did it a long time ago when I cut 6" from a barrel to build my 11 yo son a rifle. The barrel had a flaw in it so I bought it cheap and cut the flaw out.

How did you finish that stock? I have a big chunk of Walnut I'm trying to decide on a finish.
on the stock i used real tung oil from the "real milk paint CO." found online. the stuff that is called tung oil from the hardware store is not! i put coats on, wipe off the excess and let it dry. then do it again about 3-4 times. then let it dry for a week, then put about 3 coats of chambers oil on thin, drying overnight for every coat. then i put on a all-natural sealer / clear Hardner with a receipt from the 16th century.

Last edited:
I think it is probably you would regret selling it. Think of all the time you've invested and what a gorgeous rifle you have. The money it would bring would be gone very soon. Even if you never shoot it, keep it. What a nice thing for your family to have when you are gone. If I had built it into what it is, I would feel that it was a part of me. Jim

I think it is probably you would regret selling it. Think of all the time you've invested and what a gorgeous rifle you have. The money it would bring would be gone very soon. Even if you never shoot it, keep it. What a nice thing for your family to have when you are gone. If I had built it into what it is, I would feel that it was a part of me. Jim
well i have built/put together 13 Kibler's. i have sold all but 4, i just use the loot to fun another, so i know where the money goes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I don't know about the "length problem" but that is one very gorgeous rifle. In my case the length problem is the lop which is too long for me. But with the Kibler rifles there's no choice due to the way stocks are machined. And there's no way I would ever dream of trying to shorten the lop with my shaky hands.

I don't know about the "length problem" but that is one very gorgeous rifle. In my case the length problem is the lop which is too long for me. But with the Kibler rifles there's no choice due to the way stocks are machined. And there's no way I would ever dream of trying to shorten the lop with my shaky hands.
it is the barrel length that is her problem. the LOP is good,,,,,,,,,,,,,

A gun has to fit you - if not then it is useless - my opinion.:dunno::ghostly: -- OH - by the way VERY NICE rifle;)

it is the barrel length that is her problem. the LOP is good,,,,,,,,,,,,,
My new SMR is prolly a bit long for my taste as well. I’ve never owned and managed that much length before. I’ll wrangle it for the season at 44” and see how I bond with it. I did shoot a some great targets with it after I made some taller( and wider) sights. So, there is that. Still. I think 5” shorter would suit me better.

My new SMR is prolly a bit long for my taste as well. I’ve never owned and managed that much length before. I’ll wrangle it for the season at 44” and see how I bond with it. I did shoot a some great targets with it after I made some taller( and wider) sights. So, there is that. Still. I think 5” shorter would suit me better.
you will get used to the length. after a while a modern rifle will feel weird in your hands. with my wife it is the muzzle weight for her.

Back