• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

#10 caps/#11 nipples

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 65061

new to Black Powder and really enjoying it so far!
Reaction score
does anyone know where in Maine one could get #10 caps? i was able to score some #11 from walmart recent stock but that sold out very quick and they are #11. i have the 1851 snub nose navy and was told i could get #11 nipples from lone wolf but dont see any for .44. i know .44 was added later so would the .31/.36 work on the .44 as well? including a pic to ensure i picked the correct nipples for the 1851 navy snub nose

Attachments

• image_2024-07-30_123714870.png
    image_2024-07-30_123714870.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 5
I’d order a set of Treso nipples for that revolver. #11’s , 1075’s and homemade caps work perfectly on them.
the shop i had looked were manufacture backordered so i did a little looking at duelist youtube and saw he uses slixshot nipples so i got a set of those, thank you for letting me know they even have the type of nipples i was looking for

does anyone know where in Maine one could get #10 caps? i was able to score some #11 from walmart recent stock but that sold out very quick and they are #11. i have the 1851 snub nose navy and was told i could get #11 nipples from lone wolf but dont see any for .44. i know .44 was added later so would the .31/.36 work on the .44 as well? including a pic to ensure i picked the correct nipples for the 1851 navy snub nose
Are those after-market replacement nipples sized correctly? The mfgrs. could sell a bunch if they directed the sizes to what people need, 10's or whatever.

Are those after-market replacement nipples sized correctly? The mfgrs. could sell a bunch if they directed the sizes to what people need, 10's or whatever.
i picked up some slixshot which were specified for #11 caps and from what i see online they seem to be some of the better nipples as far as caps staying on, they were also a little more expensive than just random ones but they sound like they are worth it

Latest posts

Back