• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Shedhorn failing to set off #11 caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will use nothing but Rem or CCI caps. The RWS caps had me picking pieces of caps out of my nose and chin. Good thing for safety glasses. RWS and Italian caps really make you bleed. I now only use them to clear the nipples and hold the gun upside down.

The Traditions site says they use a musket cap. Maybe the configuration requires the musket nipple and cap.
I looked one over at my local sporting goods store and I believe this is correct, and it seemed to me it came equipped with a musket nipple. Overall quality seemed quite good. IIRC, it is a 28 twist so it is pretty much dedicated to conicals. They have several models in stock that I looked at so I'm not sure on that. The confusion about 'stainless' is understandable because in some of the adds I saw online it said cerakote and stainless. I think it is only cerakote, as mentioned. SW

Latest posts

Back