• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

10ga rapine bag mould from Track

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texcl

50 Cal.
Reaction score
10gamold003.jpg

10gamold001.jpg

I received my bag mould from Track of the Wolf today, overall I am pleased with the mold, it is pretty authentic and well made, the exterior fit and finish is good plus I like the bluing. The mould cavity is above par as far as authentic bag moulds go, but if you compare this to a Lee or a Lyman you will be dissappointed, there are some milling marks made by the cherry but not too bad. The worse thing to me was the made in Pakistan sticker on the bag, I didn't realize that rapine had imported these.

:hmm: I'm thinking of the .62 rapine mould, didn't know they were made in Pakistan. I haven't heard anything bad about rapine though.

I hate to tell you this but that is NOT a Rapine mold. TOW only has .500 and .504 in the old stock Rapine bag molds. The "Primitive" mold is a cheapo made in Pakistan mold. I bought one in .530 and sent it back because I was not satisfied with the quality. Mine wouldn't even close fully.

you are right! they always sold them together and I just assumed they were rapines! Good call. If I had it to do over again I'd get one from Larry Callahan or buy tanner mold blocks. I'll cast up some balls and see what we end up with.

Back