• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

12 Gauge questions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really need some advice. My .50 caliber sxs percussion Pedersoli rifle has breech plugs in the barrel but my 12 gauge sxs percussion Pedersoli shotgun has no breech plugs in the barrel.

Why and is this gun safe or a Pedersoli mistake?
brit
Thanks.

Ken.
Can we see a picture of the Pedersoli 12 gauge barrel and the breech end? I agree with @Britsmoothy that the 12 gauge Pedersoli should have breech plugs.

Attachments

• 17275271710766178741981715983360.gif
    17275271710766178741981715983360.gif
    41 KB
This reminds me of.

The day this lady walked into the gun store with an auto body spray gun.

Her kids had it. She's was convinced it was real and had to be disposed of..

The store owner 3 times said it's for painting cars.

You not loading it without nipples.

How is it even together without the breach.. or what?

Like oh man.

Advise without a picture and maybe with one

Take everything you have to a police station and or local gunshop.

Don't load anything.

I do not have any way of creating a picture for you folks right now but when one of my sons is over it will happen.

Confusion? Try this....

The barrels have a hook to lock into the breach the same as many other black powder guns. Near the muzzles is a brass slide to retain the barrels with the fore stock, the same as many other black powder rifles.

There are two hammers used to fire two percussion caps to then fire the gun the same as other black powder guns including my Pedersoli SxS .50 cal Kodiak rifle.. The barrels are clearly marked "B.P only" for black powder.

All of my other black powder rifles have breech plugs, not this one.

Any single barrel or SxS modern shotgun I have ever owned or shot used a barrel release lever to permit the barrel(s) to swivel then add or extract a modern cartridge. I cannot explain this any clearer but photos will follow in a couple of weeks.

I do not shoot pum0p action or semi auto rifles.

Thank you for your interest.

Ken.

Back