• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1842 aston

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linus9

32 Cal.
Reaction score
does anyone make a reproduction or a kit of the model 1842 percusion pistol?

mike

johnsontarg.JPG

apparently not. the originals are not rare but often a bit expensive. It is fairly common to find one with the stock cracked- often not visible until you remove the lock. I suspect this could be repaired readily with accuglas gell. This one (hopefully the picture shows up) had a lock that appeared perfectly new) was in good shape. The trigger pull is heavy.

Mec,

I saw an 1842 Aston for sale locally. No markings on bbl or lock, looks maybe cleaned. Overall condition looks like the pic you have posted. I'm rusty on prices of originals, he wants $900. Without actually holding it in your hand...what do you think of the price? I'm kinda tempted :hmm: but would like some input from someone a little more in touch with todays prices.

Dryball

I've seen them for 1200 I forget the price the owner paid for this one but he got a real deal Maybe five to six but Im not sure. 900 sounds fine. This one is marked Johnson / 1855 / with the word "steel" on the barrel. The group shown was shot by me (three shots one hand) and the owner (two shots both hands) but other groups we shot singularly were generally about one foot at 50 feet. If you aim down the barrel,It hits high. I finally got fairly good with it by lining up the tang screw and then letting my wrist break down. Odd looking non-sight picture but it hit pretty good.

Back