• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1863 Remington Zouave by Navy Arms, What's it worth

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gravygun

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone know what a reproduction 1863 Remington Zouave .58 caliber rifle that was made by Navy Arms is worth. :hmm: it has an eagle and "Navy Arms Co." and "1960" stamped on the lock. My dad has it and he is selling most of his guns and I wan't to buy it and don't have any idea what it's worth.

He also has an older Kentucky rifle made by Jukar, Spain. Probably a kit gun. Any help on what this would be worth would also be appreciated.
:thanks: :thumbsup:

Does anyone know what a reproduction 1863 Remington Zouave .58 caliber rifle that was made by Navy Arms is worth. :hmm: it has an eagle and "Navy Arms Co." and "1960" stamped on the lock. My dad has it and he is selling most of his guns and I wan't to buy it and don't have any idea what it's worth.
Does the gun have any manufacturer's stamping on it... for example - "Antonio Zoli & Co." or "made in Italy" or does it say "Euroarms" or maybe "Euroarms of America" those are some factors to consider... and make a difference as to what it is worth. Generally if it's one of the better makes and like new - I wouldn't go more than $225-250 tops, and as low as $125-150 depending on condition and mfr.

After all this is your Dad. I don't know how friendly your relationship is with him, and whether to tell you to expect a better deal or pay a full retail used gun price as you would in a dealer's shop.

He also has an older Kentucky rifle made by Jukar, Spain. Probably a kit gun. Any help on what this would be worth would also be appreciated.

Since it's a kit and if it is really nice - $150 tops, and as low as $50-$75 otherwise.
:thanks: :thumbsup:

This is just my opinion and you will probably get some more opinions about this, but do remember that it IS your Father that you're dealing with also.

Good Luck!
WV_Hillbilly

gravygun: Navy Arms usually imports guns from the better companys, so their used guns will sometimes bring a little more than other importers.

I bought the "Third Edition Blue Book of Modern Black Powder Values" some time back and although I don't agree with their prices (they are usually higher than I think they should be) here are the prices and comments they list for the 1863 Zouave:

"ZOUAVE RIFLE - .58 cal. prec., 32.5 in round barrel, color case hardened hammer, lock and trigger, brass trim, adj. rear sight, 9 lbs. Mfg. by Armi Sport and Euroarms.
MSR $510
100% $460
98% $390
95% $310
Add $115 for deluxe Range Model (mfg. by EuroSport).

Tempering all of this wisdom with some reality, Dixie GunWorks lists the EuroArms Zouave in their 2005 catalog at $452 and Dixie is notorious for asking premium prices for all of their guns.

Zouaves are fairly common so they don't bring the high prices some of the other CW guns do so my bottom guess, for a used Zouave, in excellent condition would be in the $275-$375 range. :imo:

I appreciate everyones reply. I told him it was in the $200-$300 range and that's what he wants out of it now. Don't have the money at the time but I can shoot it whenever I want so no hurry..... :RO:

Thanks guys :hatsoff:

By the way he has an 1872 Colt SA Army revolver all original about 90% finish and bore. .45 cal. blackpowder cartridge. No Reproduction...the real deal! Anyone have any info on what this would bring???

Thanks again guys!!!

I bought a near new one 8 months back now.. for $290 great shooter!

It would be tough to by it from me for that now. ::

Are you sure it's a model 1872? The 72's have an open top frame like the percussions and are chambered for a .44 cal. rimfire and the 73's come in a variety of calibers including 1,863 in .44 rimfire.The most popular calibers for the 73's were.45 {150,683 made} and .44-40{64,489 made}The 73's were the first to have a closed top which lasted as long as the guns were made.Flayderman shows this gun with a value of $2250{good} to "8000{fine}and Navy grips adding $1,000 but his values{taken from the current 8th ed} may be a little conservative.An 8" barrel or Colts/Patent marking on the frame bring an added premium.The 73's are comparable in value but some variations and other factors can cause substantially higher values ie; a gun with a genuine serial number within the Custer range.Your comment on the gun being .45 cal pretty well tells me that the gun is a model 1873 He needs to have this gun checked very carefully and thoroughly by an experienced collector/dealer and not be in a rush to sell..Fakes are rampant on the early guns.
Tom Patton :m2c:

Latest posts

Back