• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2 Beard flintlock Tom

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swamp Rat said:
Damn and I ain't got a decent shot yet. Grats again! We can't hunt after 1:00pm and only allowed one turkey here.
SWAMPY, Is you dressin up like rebel? ya go an get yerself all gussied up an dem birds jus run right to ya! try to look purdy fer the bird..! gees if rebel can.............. :shocked2:

I got a Frock and thats about as far as I'm going with that lol. My problem atm is the Tom I've been hunting seems to like the sound of a real hen over my sick imitation of one lol.

Thanks a lot guys. He is a nice bird. And Swampy don't worry, that tom of yours will make a mistake sometime. Maybe as soon as that farmer lets him out of the pen so he can get a little closer to ya, you can get a shot. :rotf:

Rebel said:
That was #2. I can get a 3rd if i wanted to pay another $18 for another tag.
I think if you go for three you'll be pushing your luck...that farmer might not miss TWO turkeys out of his pen but he's SURE to miss THREE !
:grin:

Hey now, only the first one was a private stock, that second one was all Wild Turkey. :grin: It was a lot more of a challenge, and more fun and exciting taking that last one for sure. Even though the others are wild, they are more accustomed to seeing people, and aren't as wary.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You go boy! :hatsoff:

wess

looks like you've had a great season so far. whats next? it's a long wait till deer season aint it? that sure is a nice smoothbore. congrats!

Thanks. Deer season is a ways off but i don't know that i am going to put in for a tag this year. May just do a lot of shooting with the smoothbore and '58 Remington and lots of fishing till fall turkey season. :grin:

I enjoyed my 3 Saturdays Turkey hunting but to be honest, I'm glad to be going back to my Saturday morning range sessions with Flintlocks until Deer season open again.

I do think I'll call in some crows one Saturday morning this summer and try some with the .54cal Flint smoothbore...throws an outstanding pattern at 25yds and the electronic game caller with Owl decoy brings them right down close to the blind...

i thought that if you killed a 2 bearded bird you couldnt hunt the next season :nono: :rotf: :rotf:

Not if you were using one of the French Amber flints someone was nice enough to send you. :grin: Thanks. The flint worked fine. :thumbsup:

Rebel said:
Sounds like fun. We have a lot of crows around here and i do have a tape for calling them, might have to give it a try.
There's a closed season on Crows here during March/April/May...opens back up June 1st

Back