• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

$200 TC

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I came across a hawkens that looked ok. I think it may have been a kit. All looks good but phillips head screws were used on some parts. Every thing works fine. Barrel is good, inside very clean just not blued.
Rod looks like what maybe called a wonder rod.

Attachments

• 2001.jpg
    2001.jpg
    963.7 KB
  • 2003.jpg
    2003.jpg
    824.3 KB
  • 2002.jpg
    2002.jpg
    913 KB
  • 2004.jpg
    2004.jpg
    867.5 KB
I ran up on a $200 TC Hawken in .45 at a flea market the other day, it looked really good on the outside but I didn't have my bore scope to check the inside of the barrel so I passed on it. I have a .50 and a .54 and thought a .45 would be nice to round out my collection. The guy said he would bring it back later in the fall so put my bore scope in my car in case I run up on him again but haven't seen him.

I don't actually collect them, after I bought my last TC flintlock Hawken, new in the box, I found out that the lock was held in place with hot melt glue because of bad inletting, I swore I would never own another one.

Then my brother found an unused TC Hawken kit in my dad's closet after he went to assisted living, it was .50, having built several guns I put it together, killed one deer with it and am keeping it as an heirloom of sorts.

TC kit box.JPG

TC lock side.JPG

I changed things around a bit on the cheek side.

TC cheek side.JPG

Next, I wanted one with a GM drop in barrel in .54 so I gathered random parts and made one.

TC GM.JPG

I bought an estate sale lot ($100) that was from an owner of a .45 TC Hawken and my brain started thinking about having a .45, one can never have too many guns.

score.JPG

Of course, the TC guns are novelties, I prefer the guns I made or people gave me out of kindness, I have a few. The two on top were a gift from a dyeing friend, the top one is a custom with a Roller lock and Large barrel. The second one down is a Gustomsky trade gun kit in 20ga. The blond Bogle rifle was also a heart-felt gift, I made the rest. The Beck and Fowler (third and 4th down) were scratch builds, the TN rifle above the Bogle was from a pre-carve and random parts. The one below the Bogle was the often mentioned pre-carve from hell TOW Haines kit that I bought second hand and put together, it is right above the TCs.

collection.JPG

Last edited:
Back