• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2005 EPR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiddler

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Who all is going to the EPR? Due to a new job, it looks like the best I'll be able to do is 9/30 - 10/2. I'm thinking I'll just bring a tarp rather than drag the whole camp for just a day or so.

We're planning on being there from 9/23-29 (maybe a day or two longer).

I've been accumulating gear for a couple of years now and this will be our first rondy! Needless to say, I'm really jazzed about going but a little nervous at the same time! I gotta keep the wife and kids (ages 4&6) happy & comfortable! We're christening our new museum wedge tent & awning. I've tried to think about everything we might possibly need - if any of you have a "packing list" and wouldn't mind sharing it - or if you have any advice for this newbie, I'd greatly appreciate it (send me a PM). :thanks: :hatsoff:

I plan on going but just as a day shooter, money (or the lack of it) being what it is right now I can't afford to buy everything I would need to camp PC. At least I only live 10 miles from Muddy Run Park.
Along with Maestro I'd like to see a "packing list" of items needed to camp PC so I can slowly start to get everything I need together for the next time. I'm not sure what all is needed and don't want to buy things I don't need or are not correct.

I'm planning on going for the first Saturday, which is a public day. I may or may not shoot, depends on what they want to charge me.
God bless.
volatpluvia

Packing list for EPR -

1, Tent,poles,ropes,stakes, plastic tarp & ground cloth - don't laugh, many have forgot one or the other. Extra rope and a few stakes is always good to have.
2. Whatever you wish for bedding and comfort inside the lodge as whats in your lodge doens't need to be pc if its kept out of site (cots, mattress - if you use an air mattress you'll need plenty of covers over it to keep you warm as they tend to freeze you in cold weather)- sleeping bags, blankets (wool) - sheets for warm weather is nice - a couple towles and wash cloths.
3. Wood table, wood chairs, wood boxes, lanterns (wood or metal - please remember candles, leave the lamp oil ones at home).
4. Cooking irons, grate, pots & pans (you can use granite ware if you must, cast iron is good - cooper & tin would be better ... pewter or wooden ware for eating & drinking is proper anytime/place.
5. A braiser - you can use lump charcoal or kingsford (not matchlite)- keep charcoal in a burlap bag or hidden - wooden matches, flint & steal. - if your going to use starters, try to make up some at home that don't stink.
6. Extra canvas, burlap or blankets to keep non-pc items covered (like your cooler)- you'll need a burlap bag to tote ice.
7. Dried foods, can goods, easy fixings that will keep - you need to figure this out for yourself (don't forget the can opener) - couple of plastic garbage bags.
8. Water - take more than you think you'll need even though they have water on site, things happen and you'll wish you had brought some with you.
9. Some good firewood from home - yep, same as water :) a shovel to dig the firepit.
10. Plenty of period clothing for all - pack for hot, cold and wet conditions - a hat or two - don't forget your capote.
11. Extra mocs, period shoes, boots, wooden shoes - extra socks.
12. A first aid kit and extra medications you may need - extra contacts and a mirror.
13. Your gun, shooting bag, bow & arrows, hawk & knife.
14. Toilet paper & baby wipes - keep a hooter bag made up to take with you to the hooters (a canvas or cloth bag will do)- laugh if you must but once you use one, you'll wonder why you hadn't thought of it before.
15. A list of what you think you'll need - then one with what you can afford - MONEY

Go, enjoy yourself - try not to burn yourself out the first day or two - this goes for your money as well. You'll have plenty of time to buy what you want and visit with friends as well as make new ones.
Also remember - after dark, all those white tents tend to look alike should you happen to be far from home and have tipped the jug a bit more than you should have

:thumbsup:

I am going to try and make it the first Saturday just to walk around and drool. I asked my wife and kids to go along. I had to give my wife the :boohoo: sad puppy dog eyes to talk her in to going. She said she doesn't want to see all you guys walking around in your loin cloths :crackup:, neither do I. As big as this thing will be, it will be hard to meet up with anyone. If you have a camp set up, please be sure to have your bumper sticker displayed so that we can say hi. Hope it don't rain.
Z

John Mosby - I plan on going to the EPR with the family for visiters day. Haven't been to an Eastern in years and my daughter wants to see one, so the visiters day works out the best. Would you have any suggestions for a nearby hotel/motel. Internet searches pretty much only come up at Lancaster. Is there anything closer that is reasonable?

Packing list for EPR...

:thanks: for the list, Wart - some excellent ideas, there. I started a new thread in the Camp Gear section so as not to hijack this one - I copied your reply there, too. :thanks: again!

Rabbit

I can help you out there. The closest motel is Willow Valley Resort. It's South of Lancaster, about a 15 minute drive to Muddy Run Park from there. It's located on Rt 272 so you just drive South from the motel and make a right turn on Rt 372 and it's only a few miles.
You can call them at 717-464-2711.
I just called them, the price is $155 for a family room. That's a bit high I think. The ones in Lancaster might be cheaper. Even those are only half an hour or so away. If you want me to check on some in Lancaster PM me and I'll call some for you.
The address for Willow Valley Resort and Conference Center is, 2416 Willow Street Pike, Lancaster, Pa 17602 if you want to print out a map from the internet.

Mr. Mosby,

I've done some work in and around Willow Valley, and if I recall correctly, isn't it mostly a retirement community??? Grandma might not want to see us running around in breechclouts and war paint :crackup: :crackup:.

Anyhoo, Ill be there with my pa whos on the list too (Hornbuilder) I think were planning on being there the 24th and 25th..

This is also my girlfriends first rondy that shes dressing for... so all in all its looks to be a great weekend.

Hope to see some of yinz guys there.

Stay the Course

~chingachgook

Chingachgook

You're right, there's a big retirement section at Willow Valley but the retirement section and the motel section are in different places. Same area but the retirement part is mostly across the road.

John

Thanks for the help. $155 is a little steep to just put your head down. I will have to do a internet search in Lancaster. I think I saw a Super 8 and a couple of other budget hotels listed.

Rabbit

Can't blame you there, that's pretty high. Any of the ones in Lancaster are only half an hour or so away.

Back