• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2011 game pics?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics fellas, don't stop. Pab1 I know what you are talking about regarding MLs and dry woods. I'm hoping that the Sierras are cool and damp by the time we get up there the latter part of Oct. Fall's around the corner and the next 2 days are predicted to reach into 100-degree weather here in the Central Valley though.

I've got to give elk hunting a try sometime Gregory. In the meantime I'm looking to get a gun like Britsmoothy's (either an Enfield or Zouave in .58) to keep my .50 TC Hawken caplock company. Good luck to all.

Zip said:
Nice pics fellas, don't stop. Pab1 I know what you are talking about regarding MLs and dry woods. I'm hoping that the Sierras are cool and damp by the time we get up there the latter part of Oct. Fall's around the corner and the next 2 days are predicted to reach into 100-degree weather here in the Central Valley though.

I've got to give elk hunting a try sometime Gregory. In the meantime I'm looking to get a gun like Britsmoothy's (either an Enfield or Zouave in .58) to keep my .50 TC Hawken caplock company. Good luck to all.

It is a Parker hale Enfield p61 musketoon in 58 smoothbore! The longest rabbit it has taken is 60steps. It is still lookin' for deer! Handy on pheasant from a blind with 1oz of shot :thumbsup:

Cracking elk story.

God bless :thumbsup:

Brits.

Opening weekend of Washington State Muzzle Loaders Season (9-24-11).... Got to the woods late this morning,around 7ish....walked down an old overgrown logging road about .5 mile. Followed another trail about 50yrd. Heard some crashing noise off to my left. 2 Blacktail deer jumped up, one went left..the other right. The right one stopped in the middle of the trail I was on.. stopped to look at me... I calmly brought up my flintlock rifle, slowly set the sights just behind his front shoulder, and gently touched her off. Clean shot, both lungs.. found him laying along the trail. Feild dressed, loaded, and back home by 9. And that's how I got my very fist deer....

006.jpg

.50 cal 100 fffg
Rifle by Dave Dolliver, shooting bag by Jeff Bibb
Chris

Harleysboss

I'm over in the Belfair area. Where are you headed for Elk? One of these days I'd like to get a chance to go Elk hunting.
Chris

Heading over to Bethel east of White Pass for a week of Elk chasing. I missed a fat blue grouse last weekend with my 20ga fltlock, not sure how but I did. What a blast!

Swampy,

Bow season in CA's coastal mtns. start in July, in the Sierras it starts in Aug. Gun season on the coast opens in Aug., in the Sierras in Sept. I have been tardy getting out. The older I get the faster time flies.

...just spent 10 days in sw montana looking for fish and elk ... plenty of fish but neither heard or saw any elk... saw numerous bull and cow moose, plenty of antelope, and too many to count deer...

Well I got one I'd like to post up, If I can figger it out. Colorado Muzzy Bull taken with a Cabela's .54 Hawken. How do I attach a photo?

091711180224.jpg

no game pics yet, but I'm praying to cross paths with the bear that did this. that's my GPR leaning against the tree for size reference. its my first try at bear hunting so wish me luck. :grin:

yeah, by the size of the tracks it looks to be a good one, compared to alot of other tracks that i've seen. i really dont fancy the idea of wrestling with him, but as was once said "with one shot between me and perdition" i just may have to :grin:

Back