• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2011 Muzzy Bull Pics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumdog

32 Cal.
Reaction score
77170012.jpg

Here's hoping this works! I got this guy the 13th of Sept in a Colorado Front Range Unit. Used a .54 Hawken and 80 grains of Pyrodex, heartshot. He went 80 yards in 2-3 seconds, piled up on a tree. My best one so far. Thanks Bioprof for the tutorial on photobucket, etc.

Excellent!
:hatsoff:
Guess you don't just "drag him out" like I drag out a 150lb whitetail
:wink:

Yeah I kinda had to do an impromptu Taxi job to take pictures. Got him about 6 PM and did the gutless quartering job, placing the legs and backstraps up on poles to get them cooled. I had no camera with me. The following day I came back with a 2-wheel dolly and spent the entire day hauling out the meat; 1/2 mile up from the bottom of a gulley, then a mile down a pretty easy but rocky trail. The next day I went back for the hide, antlers, and buckets of meat trimmings. So I kinda draped the hide over the skeleton and hung my 35 mm "traditional" camera from the dolly for the photo. I was shooting a hollow-point conical, actually. Heavy and slow. About a thirty yard shot with a rest, to boot!

Back