• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

220 grain conical load

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumbs

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just got a lee 220 conical mold and made up some bullets. What load would you be using for hunting and for plinking. I am guessing as much as I can get in the chamber and still seat the bullet without interference. I have Goex and T7 both 3f. I can change to 2f if needed but have always used 3f in the OA.

thanks

If you meant "ROA" I have shot 25 grains 777 and they did well. I have a mold that came with it and not sure of the grains.

Gotta shoot it and try different loads for the most accurate. Anything over 20 is enough for hunting up to small deer, IF you can place the shot where it needs to go, in my opinion?

I've loaded my ROA with 3F GOEX useing a 7.62x39 case as powder measure many times, topped w/a smear of lanolin for lube. does great, there's little room for more powder. seems I measured it as 32 grs.

Back