• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2nd day doe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go Stumpkiller! Do you have any tags left or is that it for the season? I'm so used to only one here that sometimes I get tag envy for the more "liberal" states. :rotf:
Idaho PRB

Idaho PRB said:
Way to go Stumpkiller! Do you have any tags left or is that it for the season? I'm so used to only one here that sometimes I get tag envy for the more "liberal" states. :rotf:
Idaho PRB

I still have regular antlered (3" or better) and an antlered plus one either sex tag for bow season or muzzleloading (bow is the six weeks before regular and m/l shares with late bow eight days in December after regular season). The good news is that it is allowable to use a m/l (or bow) during regular season - and that is slug shotgun in these parts. So a m/l used to be a way to a better tool (though slug technology has caught up). I stop at two deer, regardless. Some years I have drawn two management permits ("antlerless"). They also give us a bear tag, but that would be too far to walk :wink: (limited areas - mostly northern NY - and as yet I have not developed a desire to kill a bear).

When I first started hunting it took four members in a group to apply for the management permit drawing. We also never had a seperate muzzleloading deer tag, but you did have to buy the seperate license, so if you shot your deer before m/l season you had to apply in person at a DEC office to ask for a special m/l permit; and it was a five day season after regular gun. Slim pickings.

Idaho PRB said:
Idaho PRB
It isn't always that nice! :shake: Here in Wisconsin we have some deer units that are earn a buck. So you have to shot an antlerless deer before you can take a buck. I understand the reason (over pop and CWD) and the DNR is trying to make it work it is just tough when my dad had to pass on a nice 6 point 2yrs ago. But on the flip side extra anterless permints only cost $2.00 :) not that I have ever needed to get extras. :(
Mark

WTG Stumpy!
The New Englander is my main huntiung gun for the last 10 years.Trusty lil' woods guns they is.

Back