• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.32 cal for coyotes?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oatsayo,
Declared war on the Coys in my area. I will kill everyone that I can find. Hopefully in the most painfull and long suffering way i can possable come up with. Onion Tipped hollowpoint .22s come to mind.

If you have thoughts about baiting or calling the SOBs please let me know.
Posts about my lack of humanity will PO me further and i will take it out on them.

Sorry If i offendend anyone. No not really.

Hates Coyotes and will kill every last one. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

A wiser man told me that we only kill the dumb coyotes.

But, kill away. A friend lost a great dog to the darn things last spring, when he was trying to protect his herd of sheep. They ganged up on him and tore him to pieces. Kill a few for him, while you are at it. :thumbsup:

Any member of the onion family--Garlic was apparently used by mobsters-- is thought to be a slow killing poison if the bullet doesn't cause immediate death. How much it actually works is questionable. Perhaps before 1942, when medicine did not have penicillin, or other anti-biotics to fight infections, this may have worked. Today, its doubtful that enough "juice" would still be present on any bullet or ball- hollow point or not- to poison a shooting victim.

I am reminded of George Will's wry comment on the 1994 Gun Ban Bill that also limited the number of rounds in a pistol magazine to only 10, when he wrote, " I doubt that anyone in a gunbattle is very worried about what an 11th bullet will be doing, " or something to that effect.

The Bullet wound(s) are far more damaging to any coyote than any infection that MIGHT set in from something carried into the wound. Infection is more likely going to result from fur, and dirt, and bacteria on both carried into the wound, than anything clinging to a RB. :shocked2: :hmm:

Tsegoweleh said:
Oatsayo,
Declared war on the Coys in my area. I will kill everyone that I can find. Hopefully in the most painfull and long suffering way i can possable come up with. Onion Tipped hollowpoint .22s come to mind.

If you have thoughts about baiting or calling the SOBs please let me know.
Posts about my lack of humanity will PO me further and i will take it out on them.

Sorry If i offendend anyone. No not really.

Hates Coyotes and will kill every last one. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
could you pack it hollow point of a .22 with enough ricin ez-made from castor beans to kill one ? :hmm: :hmm:

Does that mean eating hash will lead to a slow painful death. :cursing: The Plains NDNs say that a coyote will howl over the last mans grave. If you have been around them long you will understand that statement. :thumbsup:

Most use a .315 in the 32.

The Lyman Black Powder Handbook list's a .319 round ball with a 800 FPS (fastest listed) at 56 ft.-lb at 25 yards and at 50 yards 46 ft.-lb.

Sure seems kind of light on animals that can go from 25 to 50 pounds.

RDE

If you remember your biology, onion and garlic don't affect your stomach, even if they are poisonous elsewhere, because the throat, stomach, intestines and colon are lined with epidermal tissues. These are able to repel or resist harsh substances that are toxic if they enter endo-dermal tissues. So, I don't worry about eating hash, or any thing I season with onion or garlic.

We have lots of coyotes here In Eastern Illinois, even coming into the cities. They tend to be nocturnal in the travels, so only the folks driving at first light, or at dusk are likely to see them. I did have one coyote cross Ill. RTE. 45, south of Champaign in front of my car one night as I headed home at 10 P.M., well after dark. He was coming out of a railroad colvert, and heading to a small power substation surrounded by fencing, where lots of weeds were growing. I suspect that those same weeds were home to dozens of field mice, a favorite "snack" fot the dogs.

We have young people coming here to attend the University of Illinois from Chicago, who know NOTHING about wildlife. They get very excited if the see or hear coyotes calling in the night. The " homies" have to reassure them that the coyotes are not "wolves" and pose no threat to them personally. And, the university attracts student from all over the world- more than 122 different countries at one report--- so we have to calm down some of the foreign visitors, too. The Urbanization of both America, and the rest of the world has left most of the population totally ignorant about all wildlife, and often afraid to even go for a walk after dark! :youcrazy: :shocked2: :rotf: :thumbsup:

Tsegoweleh said:
Oatsayo,
Declared war on the Coys in my area. I will kill everyone that I can find. Hopefully in the most painfull and long suffering way i can possable come up with.

Killing is one thing, but deliberate cruelty is not something to be proud of. You are not someone to be admired.

Most of the predator only hunters I've asked don't worry about the size or temprament of the coyotes. Depending on your area, they recommend enough backup to stop the biggest meat eater that might possibly come to your call.

Must agree! The danger from wild animals in the lower 48 is very remote. Coyotes, wolves, mtn lions and bears are only rarely a threat. My last bear encounter this fall was with a very large blackie who was heading down a gulch toward our camp where a dog was whining. I think he was attracted to the sound. In any case, I and my partner threw some chunks of wood at him from above and he turned tail back up the gulch.

So, my back up against "dangerous" predators is a chunk of firewood. :rotf:

I live in a small town and have small animals chickens, ducks, rabbits & goats. THey come into my yard sometimes so we promptly lock up the critters at dark. Usually my dog will go nuts if she gets wind of one. I keep entertaining the idea since I have 200 maxi balls in 32 caliber of calling and hunting coyotes but I have not shot one yet, I have had chances while deer hunting I just have not. WHen a trapper trapped where we phesant hunt the population of phesant skyrocketed like it was 25 years ago in Illinois. I figure I may shoot one if I had a use of its hide but I do not. My animals, I have honestly lost more to my neighbors "pets" which I would be charged with a felony in this state If I shot one on my own property no kidding. I recall the good old days when I could shoot cats at will sort of like the coyote now. 2 years ago two hunters took 219 coyotes in a 10 mile by 10 mile grid near here that seems like a lot but consider feral cats you would have to ad a zero to the 219 figure. I just figure I will know when it is time to harvest something I have no intention of eating.

Back