• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

32 CVA Varmint Nipple question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woogiebear

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey all!
I ordered a new nipple from Track of the Wolf. Real nice but it won't fit. I am having problems with misfires with the original nipple. It takes a size 10 cap. I was hoping to upgrade to a stainless #11. Before I order another one would it be possible/advisable to drill out the hole a little bigger so more spark can go through? My thought is that I could still use the #10's but with a little bigger hole in the bottom of the nipple there would be less fouling and more spark. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

yes you can drill it out, but don't drill it out very much, just a slight increase should do the job. The CVA should use a 6x1mm nipple.

Interesting....I also recently ordered a nipple from Track Of The Wolf for a CVA rifle. The one I got won`t fit either. The threaded section is slightly to big in diameter to fit the bolster on my barrel. Is that the problem with yours? The packaging said it was a 6x1 for CVA and Traditions. Sounds like Track has some incorrect nipples. I wonder how many others have had the same problem, and if Track knows about it.

Yup. Thats exactly the problem I had. The package said it was the proper size and intended for CVA. Just a little too big. I think I'll call them today and let them know. They are real nice people. I think i'll drill it out the original just a hare to see if that fixes my problem.

Back