• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.32 for squirrels?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paw said:
Runner
TOW recently sold an old dixie pedersolie plainsman rifle in 38cal which would shoot the375 ball these were made in the 70's they were a copy of a cecil brooks half stock.the price was $309 they were made in 38&45cal finding one would certainly be a quest

Interesting, I will keep an eye out for those. I have started a new thread on this tangent so we don't totally side track the original topic.

They show up on auctionarms and GunBroker from time to time so it's worth keeping an eye on those sites.

I use a Traditions Crockett Rifle, .311 PRB, 15 gr. of FFFg. Plenty of thump for squirrels, and I put a 'yote down with it last year, although it didn't dispatch him as quickly as I would like. He ran about 75 yd. before he kicked out.

Got a Ted Hatfield Flintlock .32cal that I hunt bushy tails with and groundhogs.Does a pretty good job with 30gr.3fff and .311 ball and wonder patches.Can't tell you about any of the other manufactures since my other muzzleloaders are custom built and the Hatfield is the only "FACTORY BUILT"one I got.Don't know what I'm going do when my eyes get bad I'll just have to shoot my ole Marlin 39 with scope I guess.White Cloud :thumbsup:

I have a TC hawken with a green mountain .32 barrel. plenty accurate for small game...more so than my 10/22.

Latest posts

Back