• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.36 caliber repro single shot?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last winter my project was a .36 flint pistol. An ebay lock, $15 tow 1/2 stock, a numeric arms $10 barrel, tow breech plug, and I made all the rest in my shop. Came out nice, I turned off 1/2 the oct. barrel to a tapered round with a canon muzzle. I will have to get it on a scale one day but it is not extremely heavy. I really like flint. Toying with idea of a flint .50 derringer!

2014-02-27_20-38-36a-1.jpg

I just happened to have some 6061 al. so I used that for furniture since I was only making a shooter for ME. john

I used vinegar and steel wool for stain and topped it with jacobean. For a cheap hunk of wood I am satisfied. And will eventually brown the steel.

I like it, good job, thank for posting. :hatsoff:

What is your winter project this year?

William Alexander

A french fusil-de-chasse with a short 16ga numerich arms modern steel round unchambered barrel, 26". Using a chambers tulle arsenal lock from tow, steel furnishings. Again not building to be period correct ,but to shoot and to please me!

Back