• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.36 Colt Navy that powerful??????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we worry too much about one shot stops.
If someone needs to be shot, they deserve to be shot at least twice.
I have reason to believe that when the “shootee” is hit multiple times, the various calibers all perform pretty much the same.
I believe FMJ bullets with FLAT NOSES (wide meplat) are a good compromise in auto pistols, and I use them in my carry guns when I can. They are often hard to come by.
In .380 I buy Winchester white box FMJ FP when I stumble onto some.
In a 23 year period I responded to over 50 shots fired calls. I can tell you from first hand experience the FMJ is NOT what you want to shoot someone meaning to do you harm with, except head or spine shots.

Back